About to embark on my first grow!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fubar44, Aug 24, 2009.

1. #1 Fubar44, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
    Let me first say thanks to the people that have helped me previously with my questions. And was hoping I could get a few more in. I think I have everything picked out ok and was wondering if you fellow tokers would mind just giving my plan a quick glance to see if I need anything.

Now this might be long and if your high which Im going to imagine most are this might seem to last forever but please bear with me.

First are my three growing stations.
    1. My clone pc box, I gutted it out and plan on putting 1 cfl(daylight) bulb straight into an outlet and have the pc right infront of it. And of course having an intake/outake system with pc fans. Is 1 bulb enough for the clones to last till I can move it to my veg area?
    2. My veg is my closet 4'x4'x8' and be powered by 4o5 daylight cfl bulbs. Should I go with 4or5? And two fans on both sides osculating. (however my shirts will remain in there, during veg is the plant going to be giving off tons of odor? dont want my shirts to smell.)
    3. My flowering closet which is the same as my veg one excpet 4or5 softwhite cfl's. Again should I go 4or5?
    So hopefully this way i can have a pretty decent cycle and always have plants moving along. Hopefully:)

Hang in there guys almost done...

Now for my products.
    4. Lighting Im using is 4or5 cfl bulbs in my veg and flower area. (daylight and softwhite.) as mentioned above.
    5. Soil is Kelloggs organic from Home Depot ( I know I'll use FFOF when i get a few more grows in). O should i add anything to this compost, perlite, etc?
    6. Ferts??? Actually dont know what to use here, any suggestions for something I can get at Home Depot or Ace?
    7. Pots. I plan on growing with LST so i thought Id go with a bigger pot 5g or so. Sounds good?
    8. Fans. 2 medium osculating fans in each room, and some pc ones for the cloner.

And lastly a few more questions I know im sure a lot of people are goin to hate me, but cmon its for the better (1 more grower to join the club)

9. As mentioned a biillion times above I cant decide on 4 or 5 bulbs, they will be 26w and also should i have them closer together or spreading out more to get the plant all over?

And any additional tips you guys could help me out with. Man Im sorry that was so long it felt like I was writing a term paper. But as long as I can get my answers and get started with this, the better. Thanks again guys for your very patient time in reading this.. P.S. I know I have this in two sections didnt know if some people only really stayed and helped in one section or what.

2. Cmon guys I know you get these questions a lot but Id really appreciate the help.

3. bumpity bump

4. i used cfl's all the time....and ill tell ya now....you prolly WONT use enough your first time.....the more the better....SIDE LIGHTING IS ESSENTIAL!!! once your plant looks happy up top.. (which ussually only take 1 or 2 bulbs) put light on the plant from all angles...eliminated all shadows near the bottom...just cover the fucker in light...and keep the lights literally about 3 inches away from the plant (unless you need a bit better coverage). it doesnt hurt to use 7 or 8 bulbs tho....BTW...daylight rocks for veg...cool white for budding....LOTS of cool white for budding. or ull regret it

5. BTW i have a plant drying with at least an ounce on it i grew on 125w worth of cfl's!! so dont let anyone discurage you from using them

6. Right on man I was planning on using 4 42w cfl for each stage, so your saying i should space the light out tho so ill have some on top and a few on the sides? And also so it will be in a closet most of the time if I bring it out in the sun ( I live in fl) is the 95degrees+ destroy it?

7. that plant is going to LOVE you...lol....just make sure you dont shake it too much on transport and it will be good....also be sure that the combined light hours it gets is over 12 hours...or it will bud..im from canada..so im assuming you have longer days...you can leave it under 24h light for the veg cycle...no prb...shouldnt hurt moving it.. just be careful. i only used one 42w cfl on top...then 23w all around it...the 42w work amazing. i do a closet op as well.....oh ya..platnium white paint reflects better than tinfoil in a closet

8. Ya I think I'm going to do what you did 1or2 42w on the top middle. and then 26w maybe 3 around the side. I'm going to be leaving it on 18/6 while its veg and try to take it out maybe for like 30min here and 30min there so it doesn't get bad heat burn. Don't even know if it will.

But when first starting with seedlings you leaving them under 24/7 correct? How many watts should be used for seedlings?

9. i highly doubt you will get heat burn..these things are made to grow outside remember..as long as its watered...it will only do better outside....ALOT better...use as much light as you can when it small....and a small fan blowing on it...you want it to have a breeze so it gets strong...i didnt on this plant..and i regreted it..use as much light as possible at seedling stage so it doesnt "strech" to the light...you should put ur 42w like 3 inches above it...cfls dont pump out heat...so they can be close and should be

10. plants grow 10% better when they have someone talk to them too.....not joking...proven fact......so play this on the plant 24/7...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlAe77E3gxY.....im"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame] serious

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlAe77E3gxY]YouTube - Jukebox Hero with lyrics[/ame]

12. Haha ya Im sure I will be talking to my baby all the time. O and also thanks for the painting idea I was going to line where its going to be with tinfoil, guess I got some painting to do. And of course I will clean both rooms out and scrub the walls, Im pretty OCD so this grow will be kept very clean.

But when your plants were vegging did they produce a strong odor, becuase I really dont want my clothes to smell.

13. no smell what so ever during veggy....if anything itll smell like cut grass,,if anything....i grow them in my bedroom closet...and up untill i chopped it down...i didnt smell a thing...once i chopped her tho..lol....it smells like skunk...but the first smell will be when you budd at earliest

14. So man when I clone ( which will be in a pc case with 2 plants, ill only use 1 plant. 2 incase one doesnt make it) would 1 42w daylight cfl do the trick left one for 24/7 for bout 2 weeks?

15. O and also should I make/buy a reflector with the cfl's for both grow rooms? Or should i stay away form a reflector and just build a light fixture?