Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

About to buy a piece, help me please.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dale_Denton, Feb 16, 2009.

1. I picked a piece out I want to buy, and GC doesn't have it, so I'll have to get it on EDIT.

However, my parents have access to my credit card statements and all my banking information, so they can see where I buy things. So, I just want to know if anyone knows what ordering something from EDIT shows up as on your credit card statement, because I know that my parents will ask me about it (when they pay each bill they ask if each item is right, just to make sure we don't get overcharged or charged for something I didn't buy, not because they're suspicious). So if it's something inconspicuous, I could make something up.

I already saw on their site that their packaging is plain:
    http://www.grasscity.com/about_EDIT/shipping_information/packaging.cfm

So, does anyone know what it shows up as on my credit card statement? Many thanks for any help.

In case you were wondering what I was going to get, it was this:
    http://www.grasscity.com/online_headshop/Bushmaster_Double_Bubbler_4.cfm?iProductID=4479
    (if you think that's a bad purchase or that I can get something else better for the same price, you're welcome to suggest things)

Thanks guys.

2. thats a nice looking bub. and yes, i do think 'Edit' will show up on your statement, perhaps even with a description. why don't you ask a friend to order it for you, and you give him/her the cash? :smoke:

3. lol i just realized 'Edit' stands for grasscity..

4. Since you just realized that EDIT is Everyone Does It, do you know if it still shows EDIT on there?

I was chatting with quintile55555 through PMs and he said it shows up as WWW.URT1.COM, which sounds fine and going to that URL does not show anything suspicious.

5. why dont you just get an American express gift card, im sure they would accept that and there is no worrying about what it says on the bill because there is no bill.

6. One of these would be your best bet. Them not knowing about the purchase at all is better than them possibly getting suspicious and you having to come up with a story to back the purchase.

7. Dude if you have it support your local head shop:smoke:

8. i used the gift card before for gc, it is the best bet for you if youre that worried, its gonna come in plain packaging but might be labled as a pipe or something on the box, one of mine i ordered was labled as a pipe, the other as cell phone accessories

9. #9 Dale_Denton, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    Yeah, I guess that would be best... I'd like to get one of those cards, but I think you have to go to a bank or somewhere like that to get them, or order online, right? I checked online and they charge like $6 for shipping, plus an extra like $4. So that's $10 extra I'll have to spend on basically nothing :(
    I'm already kind of going over what I'd like to pay by getting this bubbler, I'd prefer to not have to spend a lot more. Haha.

I don't know of any headshops around here, and even if I found one I would have a hard time getting to go to one. I don't have a ride here on campus, since parking permits are almost $600 per year, I didn't get a parking permit to bring my car on campus. :(
    But I would like to support them if I could get to one easily and knew where one was.

K, I guess I'll figure out how to get a gift card, or try to convince a buddy to buy it for me and I'll give him cash... not sure who would be up for it. I know one of my roommates will smoke with me (but he doesn't smoke much at all), maybe I'll offer for him to break the new bubbler in with me :)

[EDIT] There's actually a bank kind of close to me... it's a bit of a walk, but not too far. Maybe I'll walk down there after class one day, probably Tuesday. I think they sell AmEx gift cards there.

[EDIT again]Actually, I checked on AmEx's site:
    https://www212.americanexpress.com/...nnel=95ddb81e8482a110VgnVCM100000defaad94RCRD
    On there, it says:
    So, I'm not sure that the card could be used at EDIT... :(

10. i'm pretty sure you can get the gift card things at safeway, if that's any better

11. I've never actually seen a Safeway... I had to look on their site and use the store locator, and there isn't one near me :(

And I'm not even sure they will work. On AmEx's site it said that it only worked in the US, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Not the UK.

12. 1) go to a bank with the ammount of money you intend to spend + an extra $5 for the charge of the card
    2) buy a visa gift card.

It's the best damn thing in the world. you can buy what you want, and no statements are sent to your house. Its like a debit card that cant be reused basically, and its under your own name.

13. That's true, Visa has the gift cards. I just checked on their site, and they sell them at some places around here, although out of walking distance. I can probably get a roommate to take me to one eventually... although I'll probably have to wait on my purchase :(
    But Visa's site doesn't show any restrictions on where I can use it, like the American Express card does. It sounds like a Visa one should work.

Alright, I guess I'll do that.

14. Dude... What about a bus? You could get to a headshop on bus.

15. I still don't know where they are, none are listed in the Yellow Pages. I'm sure I could Google and find some, but I don't know the bus routes and stuff anyways. Plus it would take forever, which I don't have plenty of time here at college other than the weekends. I'd rather just order one online for convenience's sake, since I can't just drive out to one.