About to buy a new car...need some help

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Eric111E, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Since I am now going to a new school Im gonna have to do alot of daily driving, and with my 02 explorer im estimating my monthly gas bill around $450. It makes alot more sense for me to get a newer car that gets almost twice the MPG and use that extra gas money im saving on a car payment.
    I"ve been looking at a 09-10 Fusion and the 09 malibu since both get pretty good gas mileage and are what im looking for in my next purchase.
    Im looking for other peoples suggestions on a newer car that I can get for around $16,000 used, that gets good gas mileage
    Thanks

2. well basically any 4cyl coupe or sedan will do the trick for u. theres such a wide variety of small 4cyl cars thats its basically personal preference if fuel economy is ur only concern. deisel vw's get crazy good mileage like 60mpg

3. I don't know how you feel about them, but look into the hyundais. A buddy of mine got one last year and for the price it's a great little car. Best value around when it comes to cars.

4. well i got am 06 volvo s60 t5 for 16k and its gets an average (city and hwy) 23 mpg and its nice as fuck and its fast

5. 05 vw gti, 33mpg highway 24mpg streets. and turbocharged

6. I decided to get the 2010 Fusion, it was a better deal to buy a brand new car because of the 0% APR on financing. Im gonna pick it up this weekend

7. #7 soapman, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
    You know what. That's not a bad choice, honestly, Ford has come a super long way since the car industry went to shit. I really like those fusions, I think they look like super nice cars. Did you get an awd one? Did you enjoy the way they drive? I'd like to drive the new tarus sho, that thing sounds uber cool, v6 twin turbo. That's pretty badass. They aren't really my 'style' I prefer cars that look like they've been driven hard. Scratches, dents, dings, various body damage is a-okay in my book.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the car.

8. Yeah im really impressed with some of fords new cars, but i think they fucked the mustang up. The fusion drove really nice its a pretty smooth ride with a good price. It feels like a solid car

9. the new stang is sick tho, the one with 5.0, such a sick car

10. Does anyone know anything about the 2010 Jetta? Should I go look at it before I go purchase the fusion tommorow?

11. idk about vw's, ive heard of alot of people running into maintenance issues with them. good luck tho with your decision

12. Maintenance issues like its more expensive or harder to get fixed, or not a reliable car?

13. all that, cuz theyre german parts and the cars in general tend to run into a lot problems

14. Well Mazda ended up giving me a $4800 better deal then ford, so I bought a fully loaded black Mazda 3. I love the car, and I like it better than then Fusion. Im happy with my purchase it fits my needs perfectly

15. nice nice, mazda makes good cars

16. Yeah I was suprised. The car drives great and looks awesome

17. New cars are actually pretty cheap right now. My buddy Tim got a new Kia for under $16000.

18. Its not that vw's arent reliable but parts are hard to get and expensive when they do break, like most things euro I guess. My mates passat had its radiator break and it took him 2 months to get a new one in. I guess its irrelevant since you bought a mazda 3 though. Good luck on the purchase, I quite like the mazda 3's and it should be pretty good on fuel, my mum has one and she loves it, it gets over 1000kms to a tank of fuel (diesel though)