About to be off probation in a couple days! But have an axious question...

Discussion in 'General' started by greensguy, Mar 17, 2011.

1. So I have a question for anyone who has actually finished up their probation, or knows anything about it: What do they even do on the last day? Like do they make you come in and take a test or come in and sign papers? Because I've been on informal for 6 months and even though they said drop 3 uas in 3 months the only time I got tested was way back in October, which I passed, and the last time I talked to my p.o. (which was 2 months ago) she told me that I get off March 20th. Which is 3 days from now!

So do you think I should be good for the 21st? Because she said for a petty misdemeanor (I got caught when I was 17 and turned 18 while on probation) you can't be on probation for more than 6 months. The only thing is I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet or even heard from my p.o., I think she just doesn't waste her time on me because she's really nice and knew I finished up my community service and even got a job at target a couple months ago.

But yeah, for anyone that has been on probation, what did they do for you on the last day? Should I even bother calling? I don't even want to bother if it's not necessary, because she should be calling me! By the way I live in MN so the laws could quite possibly be different.

2. Not sure what state you are in but in my state they have a final probation hearing that you do not have to present. The probation officer tells a judge that you have indeed complied with the terms of you probation and it should now be ended. I am not a attorney but I would not worry about it if I was you.

You could just call your PO and ask her about this.

Good Luck

3. You have to go in front of a judge and the judge has to terminate your probation. Then when you leave the courthouse you are off probation.