About Time For Some Real Glass Lets Discuss

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dennon21, May 26, 2014.

1. #1 dennon21, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    Hey guys so I haven't ever owned any "real" glass mostly cheap china shit and some made in Canada glass but ever since I've gotten a job I've been dying to get an actual piece! I've always loved glass I used to hangout in head shops when I was younger and just look at all the pieces lol anyways I'm thinking about a sov or something a quality, what other brands are awesome glass? Olympic? Dirty Rico? I'm thinking a sov mini stemline with bent neck but not sure I also want to go flame less so I'm thinking either a herb iron or a glass rod lets hear some input!

2. #2 Lazyboy808, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    All those companies you listed are high-end scientific glass so either one will do you good, just get the one you think is the most unique within the right price range. Ask yourself do you want a flower piece or oil rig Seems like those companies you listed are mostly for flower piece, here are some other brands you can look into: apix, mobius, sgw, DG fritted, BC, hitman, toro, etc. I personally am a Sg fan, I have his kingstem, stem8,180 grid a/c, cost me a little more than a grand for everything but I think it's worth every penny. Especially the stem8 and 180 grid a/c, those things are rare that people are willing to pay more than retail price just to get it second hand. Sg recently bumped up their price for stem8, meaning that I just made an extra $100-$200 for investing and smoking my stem8 haha. My friend owns few pieces from apix, their gridded stemline is as good as sg's stemline. Apix does one thing that sg doesn't which is make gridded disc percs. Apix's gridded stemline to gridded disc is an amazing piece imo, my friend owns two of them and it stacks like a mofo also makes the smoke smoother than my kingstem. My next piece will be apix's gridded showerhead to gridded disc which he will be releasing soon on his website. 

I never experienced herb iron before, I was so close to purchasing one few years ago but couldn't get myself to pay $75+ for a electric lighter. Instead I went the cheap way and bought a hakko soldiering ceramic iron, similar to herb iron but doesn't turn off unless unplugged from power outlet. I probably used it for a good week or two and I got bored of it and stopped using it. The main problem with the hakko was that it was a major fire hazard since it doesn't turn off like the herb iron does when the button is released. I always wanted to try the glass rod method but never had the chance to. I read lots of over hyped comments about how pure the smoke tastes with the heating rod. But honestly I don't think it makes that much of a difference, but don't take my word for it. Both herb iron and glass rod is a great way to avoid butane gas entering your lungs, but paying $75 for a electric lighter is expensive and torching up the glass rod each time you take a hit is a hassle (also torch gas can be pricey). I use a hemp wick ($20 a roll) to avoid butane from lighters and it works just fine.

3. Yeah I'm looking for a flower piece I can't find dabs and I'm not sure I wanna try them I usually only smoke little snapper bowls I'm an easy bake lol and yeah I know apix I'm a fan but I'm just worried about having it shipped to canada! I'm worried it will break on the way lol and yeah def not paying 80 for a herb iron I use hempwick right now anyways I just want a super sexy high end piece so I was considering a sov I love the look of the bent neck king or mini I was also looking at möbius I'm not to sure tho In the end I will probably end up trying to get an apix and hoping it won't break but in my mind that's not really "high end" even tho it is lol

4. Look into an embur, it's pricey but it's like a  cordless herb iron so it's much more convienient.  I like the taste using a glass rod or herb iron but it's just not as convenient.