? about lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bud Bundy, Jul 21, 2004.

1. what is more important when selecting a light.is it the watts or the lumens.cause i recently was looking at lights and got one to start with(my first time growing) it is 150 watts and 2100 lumens.i'm gonna go check out some more when my seeds sprout.

2. What type of light is it that you're looking at?

3. i'm guessing it's just like a reg.bulb but it is deff. alot brighter and throws off a little more heat.i tried on another plant and was going great till i put the plant a little to close.so now i gotta start over.i guess you learn from past mistakes

4. Regular bulbs don't work, they don't give off the frequency of light you need. Look for flouros or an HPS light or halogens.

Unless it says on it that you can use it for growing plants. Then go for it.

5. i bought it at a lawn and garden center so i assum it was for growing

6. You'll need a bulb that throws off the required amounts of red and blue spectrum light that only a Metal Halide / High Pressure Sodium / Florescent light can throw off ... Sucks, i know.

read through the forums, pay attention to the threads that have to deal with lights or lighting ...