About fert/water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PiFF, Dec 18, 2005.

1. People are goin to hate me on this forum thinking i do no reading haha sorry just like to ask questions :D.. Okay i just started to fert my plant for 2 time today with miracle plant food for all purpose... Now i put a tablesppoon in a less then a galon mist spray and just do a mist spray of the FERT, now my question is how long after can you water it or if you FERT you should wait a day or 2 to water, or the opposite if you just watered how long after can you FERT thats what im lil confused at because people said its bad 2 do both at once.

2. Why are you fertilizing????? Soil doesnt need fertilizing unless your using straight potting soil or dry dirt.

Good luck with the miricle grow, its known to kill plants

3. Well noone is telling me anything...How dont you need to feed you plants?... i thought after watering it flushes all nutrients out.. so there for u woud have to fert it correct?.... also miracle grow kills plants?.... the why didnt anybody say anything to me :D

4. Soil, Properly mixed, not just plain old Dirt from outside or Potting soil, has lots of nutrients in it and no watering it does not flush out the nutrients.

Miricle grow if not used correctly will burn up your plant, spraying it on the leaves if mixed incorrectly is even more hazardous as when the water evaporates and it leaves the minerals there it will burn the leaves..

Trust me many have used miricle grow and got screwed...

A table spoon in less than a gallon is alot!, did you read the directions? its concentrated you know.

You still never answered my question, what kind of soil are you using??? you dont need to fertilize soil, if it needs extra nutrients the plant will tell you this itself, but it will get all its nutes from the soil itself and the water you feed it which by the way has to be PH tested or use only Rainwater.

this is why you need to do some searches first, you came on staying were goign to hate you for not reading, well i dont hate you but dont go saying "NOONE TOLD ME THIS" do some research, its as simple as typing it in the search link.

5. Why are people complaining if i ask questions if you mind then dont bother comming to my post, im a newbie grower im not a fcken exper dudes so be easy on me

im using miracle grow soil....
    i do not spray my plant leaves some people recomend it but i read you should not do it only water should be sprayed on leaves...

i use purfied water
    And how many times will i say this i love to read about marijuana but i love to ask questions is that a problem?......i want answers from people that had experiance from growing

I really dont get how i dont have to FERT my plant when evreyone does lol....

6. I dont mind answering your questions, its just that you said no one ones to tell you anything.

1. micricle grow soil already has alot of nutrients in it, no need to add more, you will kill the plant.

2. Purified water, depending on which could have 6.8-7.4 Ph, some have VERY high PH in the 12-14 range (if you use the indicator you will see the water will turn Ocean blue... Thats NOT good purified water.

Suggest you test the PH of the water your using or use rain water, or melted snow if your in snow country.

But do not add extra nutrients to that soil, even with that soil you should mix it 50/50 with some soil from outside as potting soil alone is too light.

7. PS everyone else does not fert. their plants, only when its necessary and trust me you will know when its necessary.

Let me ask a dumb question here,

how big are the plants??? Seedlings? 2 inches tall, 3,4,5,6,7,8? inches tall?

I'm no expert either, but i have experience and some common sence... Im sure you dont go outside every day and fertalize your plants growing outside..... theres a reason for that, soil has more than enough nutrients to bring it all the way to flowering only then maybe you might think of adding some bloom fertilizer.

The problem i see on this forum is everyone is using regular potting soil straight with nothing else, thats not what potting soil was designed to do.

8. I just started my grow. Big plant is 3 weekd old today, the 2 lil ones are 3 days
    I spent no more then 10$ those lights i use are from my snakes lol....
    i have a fan in my set up...
    I just did it this way to see if i can grow without spending money because its my first time i want to pratice first. There just some REGULAR seeds from some regs.....
    Im plan on getten 2 cool and 2 warm CFLS for veggen and a 250 wat hps for flower for next grow which i plan on growing northern lights :D....[​IMG]

9. Thinks plants shitty? or it should be okay and its not bad the way it is growing so far?

10. Soil looks iffy to me, but then again i hate any miricle grow product.

Seems they are stretching alot as well. but for small plants like that there should be
    no reason in hell you should be adding fertilizer.

They do look healthy though, but seems to me very very small for 3 weeks old.

If i was to show you my growth from day to day you can see a huge difference, but then again im mixing my own soil, not some off the shelf stuff.

Also is that a flourescent light or incandesent???? has to be flourescent, and sit very close to the top of the plant.

11. reptile lights are not good, get some cheap 5 dollar flourescent bulbs and put in your lamps, it will do 100 times better than what you have now and you wount have to worry about heat.

12. Thanks dude you bein the only help i haddd so far... dude i know my plants are so small the lights r use r some ghetto shit lol regular lights for the house 60wat 120v....Thats why my plant is gorwing so slow i think because of lights....[​IMG]

13. Thats why im planning on getten 4 CFL 2 cool and 2 warm and also An hps system....

14. LOL incandecent lights dont grow trees.....

If you get the HPS you dont need the CFL...

15. I used Miracle Gro on my plants outside this last season. I yielded 4 oz. off of two females... I think it's more about HOW you use your ferts rather than what brand you use.....

16. 4 ounces is nothing.. dont be proud of it.

a typical well grown plant should yield 300-500grams

4 ounces off of 2 plants is only 112 grams or 56 grams per plant...

In my experience miricle grow is good for only household plants, for outdoors nothing special is needed, just regular watering and good sunlight... Check my post in the outdoor section, my one 4ft plant yeilded 420 grams, almost a pound.

17. I started them in July and harvested in September .....