Abit of help, does this sound ok?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by kustomz, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Hello all,

I'm thinking of starting an indoor grow sometime soon and wanted your input please.

So, one 8'x4' grow tent -- still haven't found one the right size.
    2 600w digital hps which I figure would cover 4 x 4 size each well
    This grow would use SOG so, how many mother plants would I need to take 8 clones per week or biweekly? Is this very time consuming?
    I would be using soil, could it be reused? As over a period of time would use alot
    What ventilation will need? Also would it be fine to vent into the same room?

Thanks, Kustom

2. Bump, anyone??

3. #3 josephspare21, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010

4. Probably not but I do it and its fine so far. I only use a 400w bulb in an area slightly smaller than yours 2 x 600w could produce some real fucking heat.

You could run a couple of oscilating fans in the outer room so the hot air you vent doesn't sit there.

I use a an general use extractor fan which pulls air through one carbon filter and pushes it out of another, this is because the fiance told me that could grow if there was no smell and no noise.

As a genral rule you shouldn't re-use soil but in theory it should be ok as long as you make sure there are no old roots rotitng away in in and you flush it clean of your old nutrients.

5. I was hoping that the lighting being a digital HPS it would produce considerably less heat and conserve electricity, is what their saying hype then?

What sort of noise do you get from your set up? Thanks dude