Abc's 2100

Discussion in 'General' started by tokr8989, Jun 6, 2009.

1. sp who al saw the special feature 2100 abc aired a few days ago? well, they got the best scientists in the world and predicted how earth would change in the next centurary, and it didint look good for us. if you havent seen it, i encourage you to, it really made me think.

so for all the people who have seen it, what are your views in this prediction?

i personally think that global extinxtion could happen, bbut not in the next 100 years, i think they sped it up to scare people into prevention, which i guess is a could thing, probably the only way people would listen

2. We were supposed to have flying cars by the year 2000. Predictions are unreliable, and as you said it's probably just a scare tactic

3. predictions by our mass media station... haha

i saw it. Interesting, but taken with a grain of salt

we actually have flying cars that work pretty flawlessly - but our systems have no realistic way of implementing them. They do think they'll be adapted for police vehicles and ambulances though

4. kinda missed the point....everything was supposed to be automated and run by robots now, a la the Jetsons. you really can't predict where technology is going to be in the future, there are always new discoveries taking us down different paths