AB 390 - Reasons Why Marijuana Should Be Legalized

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by smokedesmoke, Feb 28, 2009.

1. #1 smokedesmoke, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
    This thread is for an exhaustive, extensive and thorough list of reasons why AB 390 should pass and become law, and for Reasons Why Marijuana Should Be Legalized.

Don't worry about whether or not your reason(s) has already been mentioned or listed, please list your reason(s) anyway. Even if you feel you are merely rehashing old arguments or views.

Also, because this list may go into the structure of a formal letter sent to representatives, or to the media, or be put in a pamphlet or in a petition, please list your reason(s) in the following type manner:

I think...
    I feel...
    I want...
    My concern is...

In other words, make it personal, from you.

And, don't be concerned about providing proof or reference(s) for your reason(s). Just give your reason(s).

I will list other reasons but, let me start as an example:

I want the number of violent gang members (there are now 80,000 gang members in Los Angeles County - ref. http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_11796545?source=rv) who now traffic in illegal marijuana to be reduced.

smokeD

Here's a petition to sign for AB 390.
    http://apps.facebook.com/causes/petitions/92?m=ea0d0b17

2. I'd like to choose a less-threatening alternative to alcohol and tobacco without being called a criminal.

3. I think that Marijuana should be legalized because not only are marijuana smoking "crimes" victimless and harmless; Marijuana could provide the government with billions of dollars in tax money and solve many problems. I feel marijuana should be legal because I enjoy smoking and use it more for its medicinal properties than recreational. I want marijuana to be legal so that innocent people stop getting hassled for smoking weed and I can smoke weed with no consequences. My concern is that the 71 years of marijuana prohibition have been an utter failure, unconstitutional, and inhibitive to people who could use marijuana for medicinal purposes, and the people who get arrested for any kind of use.

4. I want marijuana 100% fully legal and regulated because I want the most stringent quality control in place with government testing laboratories and outside testing facilities and such like the FDA with on-site quality control regulators checking growing facilities and chemicals and other exposure marijuana may come into contact with while growing, while curing, while in transport and while in distribution phases.

I want the highest possible level of "pharmaceutical grade" quality control measures in place at all times because this is a medicine and a substance people consume and put in their bodies.

Reference: 6 part video - "Medical marijuana guide" -
    1st video -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op1SVYYsHJ4"]YouTube - Medical marijuana guide 1/6[/ame]

5. my concern is for the children, growing up we all know how easy it is to get marijuana, but near impossible to get access to cigarettes and alcohol, which is why i believe marijuana should be legalized and regulated.

that would keep it out of children's hands, as well as keep them away from harder drugs and violence associated with drug dealers and gangs

6. because we shouldnt have to live in fear of the assholes that think they're protecting us when they're doing more harm than good goddamnit. who the hell do they think they are tellin use what to smoke.

7. I think that legalizing marijuana will benefit us locally, nationally, and internationally. I feel that by taxing the buyers, the sellers, the growers, the couriers, we can add a significant surplus to the economy. We can also impact the prison over-crowding by reducing the number of marijuana crimes. I want to be able to buy a potent, safe, inspected product without feeling like I'm having to hide my actions. I want to be able to buy from a reliable retailer with my cannabis needs as his number one priority. My concern is the amount of time it will take to enact this legislation. I don't want ot wait two years......

8. I feel that marijuana should be legalized because the laws against it are ultimately doing more harm than good. The government is considering lowering the drinking age to 18 to reduce the amount of binge drinking that goes on in colledges, and the same should be done for weed too. Weed is less harmful to the brain, liver and other organs than drinking, and although it may be more harmful to the lungs than cigarettes to smoke the amount of weed that tobbacco addicts smoke in a day would be upsurd. People nowadays believe that if marijuana was legalized than we would become a nation of lazy unmotivated potheads which is just not true like peoples belief that if it were legalized that children would start abusing it more because it is easier to acsess. These are both lies shamelessly spread around our nation to keep it the way it is. think about it which is easier for a 13 year old to call up some guy and have him bring a bag of weed in 30 min or having to find someone 21 that your friends with to buy it for you?

its time for weed to be legalized. just as with prohibition in the early 1900s it only creates crime and mor problems to have it illigal.

9. #10 smokedesmoke, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
    I want cannabis fully legalized because the trichomes and the THC in the cannabis plant is the defense against dangerous ultraviolet light striking Earth. The plant was put on this planet as a major defense and ecological filtering mechanism.

The stupid government's removal of the cannabis plant species over the last many decades has caused global warming and other ecosystem crises.

The marijuana plant is:

LARGE
    GREEN
    LEAFY
    FLOWERING
    EDIBLE

It is supposed to be here, grow and thrive naturally as a core plant species!

10. I want to stop paying taxes to arrest people for smoking with themselves or their friends over the weekend.

11. I feel marijuana should be legalized because it is a fun pasttime that our foundng father's enjoyed!

12. #13 smokedesmoke, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
    I want lawlessness (primarily in the black market) replaced with control and legality.

Look at alcohol. How many teens do you know of or have you heard of who sell alcohol to their friends?

Yet, because marijuana is currently in prohibition, the feds report that nearly one million young teens sell drugs (ref.).

I want the distribution of marijuana to fall under the same powerful education and internal circulation and distribution system controls post-prohibition alcohol currently enjoys, and thereby reducing the numbers of teens selling marijuana the same way alcohol legalization reduced the number of teens selling alcohol.

Replace "drug trafficking" with "alcohol trafficking" and think.
    What shape would our society be in today if alcohol was still in prohibition status?
    Would consumption be up or down?
    Would deaths and related illnesses be up or down?
    Would teens and underage people have higher user or lower usage?
    Would there be more people in prison for alcohol violations (possession) or less people?
    Would there be less violence associated with alcohol trafficking or more violence?

Use your common sense. That's why I support marijuana re-legalization and the repeal of marijuana prohibition.

smokeD

13. I feel that any plant that was put here on earth should not be prohibited if it stays within its natural form and is not abused. It's apart of nature and we should not be denied it's positive attributes. I also feel that with our current economic troubles it's time to do something. Not only will it save tons of tax dollars that are wasted on the "drug war", but it also has an extremely high potential for pure profit to our government and our nation in general.

14. #15 smokedesmoke, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    A search that says it all!

The destructive force of a LEGAL substance / drug called alcohol in direct comparison to cannabis.

Google search.

POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOL
    Results = 84,400.
    http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=POWERLESS+OVER+ALCOHOL&btnG=Search

POWERLESS OVER MARIJUANA
    http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q="POWERLESS+OVER+MARIJUANA&btnG=Search
    Results = 27.

NO results found for POWERLESS OVER CANNABIS. :hello:

An estimated 5.3 million women in the United States drink in a way that threatens their health, safety and general well-being, according to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

How many women consume marijuana in a way that threatens their health, safety and general well-being?
    Either zero or "debated." (ref. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=6985826&page=1)

15. Uggh is typing with all the colors really necessary? I'm sorry, but it really makes me not want to read your stuff.

16. I think cannabis should be legalized because it is necessary in reforming this planet. Most people think this is just about smokable cannabis for recreation and medicinal use, but in reality, this is the most important issue the world faces. Not just the legalization of cannabis, but the full utilization. First, the widespread industrial utilization of cannabis can reverse global warming, stop deforestation, provide a sustainable, healthy global food source, and provide clean fuel. It can reverse global warming from its widespread growing, as it takes a lot of CO2 out of the atmosphere. It can stop deforestation by replacing products, like paper, currently made from trees. Hemp seeds are some of the most nutritional food sources in the world and contain all the essential amino and fatty acids. Hemp can be easily converted in to a variety of fuels, and because it contains huge amounts of cellulose and can be grown quickly, it is a perfect biofuel.

As if that wasn't enough, when the essential oils of cannabis are extracted and compressed, the resulting concentrated hemp oil can cure nearly any type of cancer (if not all cancers) as well as the majority of serious human disease. This would greatly reduce human suffering and revitalize the economy. You can learn all about hemp oil at http://phoenixtears.ca.

17. Presently there are 76.5 million Americans who suffer from pain (ref.).

I think those people should have the personal choice to use cannabis for relief without the Federal government arresting and imprisoning them.

Marijuana may not help everyone, but for those people who it helps they should have clinically safe and legal access. Therefore, legalize marijuana.

-sds

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxtxELfzVjo"]YouTube - MARIJUANA IN THE NEWS![/ame]

18. #19 smokedesmoke, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
    Sorry, I don't like colors either.

I only use color for emphasis. With writing there's little way to get across any emphasis. And, apparently, I am emphasis happy. :D

But, I am more than open to any suggestions on how to get points across without using colors.

I don't want my writing to be for readers like looking into a kaleidoscope.

smokeD

[​IMG]

19. #20 smokedesmoke, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    For anti-nausea medication usage -- Phenergan vs Marijuana -- you decide which is better.

Supreme Court rejects limits on drug lawsuits.

[​IMG]

Diana Levine, a musician who lost her arm because of a botched injection of anti-nausea drug Phenergan made by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals.