A Yes/No Question - Is this light powerful enough?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NewRandomHero, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Cheers, johnk

2. No. A) You shouldn't be using halogen lights anyways to grow and B) 60 watts isn't enough for one plant to grow to maturity, much less more than one

3. Is there a single lamp I can screw into a light socket that would be good enough?

4. 6400/6500K is vegetative. the 2700k is for flowering. It's that orangeish light that mimics the late season sun when the plant goes into flowering. It's possible to flower with 6500K, but it seems to me like the buds aren't as dense or as "nuggety". Just my personal experience

5. what's the difference in yield?

6. I don't know. It wasn't my personal grow, and the guy had used Metal Halide HID lighting the whole way, I just recall the finished product didn't look like the normal compact, fat buds that the same strain had, they were more stretched. So many variables go into growing it, even if i was to give you a number, it wouldn't be an "average". I've always swapped out lighting for 2700K personally

Best thing I can tell ya is to just start reading the forums until your eyes fuckin bleed. then read some more. Start in this section with the stickies, then move on to people with grow journals that are similar to what you want to do. A shitload of knowledge, incredible grows, and mistakes that will hopefully keep you from making the same one

7. cheers for the help.
    I'd +rep you, but I don't know how

8. Umm m8 .. Ur in for a treat when u complete ur first grow if this is it ...

I Find that all lighting works in some way or another . Some will flower the plant with big buds some wont and some will just produce tiny rock like buds that rock your mind , m8 . The point is that you need a blue spectrum and a soft white cfl set along with some way to hang the cfl's above the plant .

Start out with 24 hours a day for the first one to two weeks .. Once you get either 4 sets of fan leaves or hit 2 weeks of 24 hours a day you switch to 18 hours on by 6 hours off . This will provide stretching growth to make em taller for all the floral growth your about to see . Then go to 14 on and 10 off the 4th week or after the first month provided you have had the 4 fan leaf sets pop up and that your plant is around 1 foot or less with the stretching you did .

Then you just need to wait until you notice flowering ... Once you notice the little CLEAR hairs coming off the part where the branch for the fan leaves start , then you know you've got female weed plants .. Wow .. you did it ..

Now , find some natural sunlight from a window ... Put you a small shade of some type that lets the light through . Have your lights setup on a timer to come on JUST after the morning sun would hit your plant ... This will give the ladies a chance to see the REAL sun and help put their flowering back on track for you ... From there .. Wait until you see alot of clear sticky shit forming on the plant .. Those little dots or microsized sap looking things are called trich's . Once you can't even touch the plant without getting sticky hands you know you are close to a harvest ... From there you wait until those clear trichs change color ... From there it is up to you to harvest them then or whenever you feel like it as long as ALL of them haven't changed to brown you are ok ...

( Though .. I like Ott-Lite grow lights )

9. you need a mogul socket for all CFL's 150 watts and over, they will not fit in a household socket. get 5 42 watt CFL's, 14,000 lumens all together. that's between a 100 and 150 watt hps this would be sufficient for a grow with a low veg time, maybe 2/3 weeks. This is also the bare minimum. Add more light and you'll get better bud.