a wilderness made pipe

Discussion in 'Picture Post Archive' started by bud stuffer, Aug 18, 2003.

1. hey all, i thought i would share a piece that i made with you blades. it took me hours to drill through the sandstone with a bottlecap. it was slow going, but i was in the middle of nowhere so it didn't bother me. hope you guys like it.

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
  2. here is another image

Attached Files:

• 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      12.7 KB
      Views:
  3. and one more, sorry the pictures are out of focus, it's a new camera

Attached Files:

• 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      36.6 KB
      Views:
  4. pretty cool man! That seems like a hobbit would smoke out of! lol.

5. damn man ur forearms musta been sore after that.
    and what is taht long piece made of? wood? rock? and how the heck did u drill a hole all the way thru the length of it hehe.

6. it is a segment of sassafrass that ants had hollowed the pith out of. after a little carving it fit into one of the two bottle cap holes.

yeah my arms were a little sore, i am a climber though so it wasnt too bad. plus after i made it i got to sit down and relax with it.

7. it looks like a dick, im baked

8. You would have been better off with Pipe stone, close relative of sand stone, but a bit easier. Its what the native americans used for their bowls when they toked up! ;)

9. i have a pipe stone pipe, as well as a soap stone one. but this one i made from nothing on a camping trip. plus pipe stone and soap stone are both very brittle and break. sand stone isn't much better in strength, but it was readily available in the arkansas hills. the pictures don't really do it justice, it is much neater in real life. plus if you are in a pinch and need to ditch it, it is a rock and a stick, no cop will find that. but i would, knowing what i was looking for and all.

10. OMG, a wilderness Pipe! Now I need to make me one.

11. i'm glad my design could be an inspiration