A very simple grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ThatFatKittyCat, Nov 24, 2008.

1. I'm looking to grow a few plants, no more than 4 or 5, but do I need all of these fancy smancy fertilizers and shit, can I just treat them like a regular plant with some nice soil and just regular water? I'm thinking CFL's would be easiest and cheapest, am I correct in thinking that. I want to keep it simple and cheap and not having a bunch of crazy fertilizers and stuff would be nice too.

Also, would it be possible if later on in the grow for me to move the plants outside, or would that fuck with the light cycle or whatever?

2. #2 cantharis, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
    Like most human activity, when growing MJ what you get out is proportional to the time and effort you are prepared to put in.
    We take a lot of care selecting and/or blending our soil mixes and ferts for good reason.
    What do you regard as a ´nice´soil?
    I think you need to read up about lighting timing and general cannabis growing. Lots of info here.

3. Yeah you can grow plants but you might not get anything worthwhile for your time.. like
    was said, you will get out of it what you put into it. Why exactly are you afraid of
    using fertilizers and whatnot?

CFL's are typically the cheapest way to go.. and you can get some good results by
    using them.

I dont recommend moving it.. some people do, but you need to "harden off" the plant
    first, and depending on when you move it and what stage your plant is at, yeah
    it can fuck with it a lot.

Read the Sticky posts in this forum and the "General Indoor" forum too. Then read
    them again.

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

4. Haha, sounds like me when I started out. Half way into first bagseed grow I got hooked, spend spend spend. Now ive got the lot, HPS, CFL's, grow room and veg room. Clones, reveggies and 3 different strains! After you smoke your first harvest you will soon want the best. Its worth reading up, whatever your weed you will want to give it all the help you can and this forum is great for doing just that.

Good luck and ENJOY!