A tough question

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forum Humor' started by collie_man, Dec 21, 2008.

1. If a man speaks in a forest with no women around to hear him, is he still wrong?

2. It makes it tougher that I don't even understand how "If a tree falls in a forest and no one's around to hear it, does it still make a sound?" is a question. Of course it makes a sound, what is this question trying to say?

And what is your question trying to say... :p

3. its a joke. I saw it on a tshirt, it made me laugh.

4. Dude.. Obviously not... There are rats in forests.

5. #5 transfat, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
    It's trying to get you to think about if things really exist if nobody experiences them. The whole "do we create our reality?" question. Do you create physicality as an illusion? What is real? Do we create what we experience?

What is experience?
    Who are you in relation to all else?
    Does all else exist outside yourself?
    Do the trees make sound, or do you make the trees and the sound?
    If you can't see behind you, is there anything behind you or is it nothing? Blackness? Void created from lack of perceiving it there?

How's that for a mind blinder.

Not the OP question, the tree in the forest question.

6. Guy, I'm sure you over-analyzed that to shit and are very proud of what you came up with, but you're way off base. I'm pretty sure I hit the nail on the head with my answer.

7. Lol. Kay.

Not sure why you feel it necessary to insult a stranger, man.

8. Sorry bud, no insults intended. I over-analyzed shit too, all the time. One time I thought and thought and finally convinced myself that electric can-openers were really some mischevious ploy set up by the FBI to track how often I eat soup. And I've been completely wrong about a lot of shit. One time I thought and thought and finally convinced myself that electric can-openers were really some mischevious ploy set up by the FBI to track how often I eat soup.
    My bad.

9. It's cool... I think you misunderstood that I was trying to explain to somebody the "if a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound?" question. Not the OP question. That question's not that interesting. The tree in the forest one is an existentialist question.

10. Lol dude... I can't understand a thing you're saying. Get your boyfriend's cock out of your hand when you're typing.

11. How does your ignorance of the english language make me a homosexual?

12. rockeddddddd

13. Lol dude, dude, peace man. I'm only fucking with you. I understood what you were saying, I get it. Chill man.

14. You must be minced, dude.