A thought on death

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Sonow, Dec 8, 2009.

1. I've always been terribly afraid of death. Especially most recently, because my life is so phenomenal(It ALL started with weed). I was just kinda thinking about death just now though but what if we're all dead(Or at least think that YOU are as you're reading this) and as real as everything seems it's just a repetition of the life you've already lived. It could all just be a movie building up to it's final climax of when you die. Ever since I started smoking I have a different perception of EVERYTHING now and that's just kind of a thought. Opinions?

2. So If we're already dead, re-living er experiancing our past life. What would happen when we die, do we repeat again? I don't really understand your thought here.

3. Yeah. Exactly.

4. Well, if there's no after-life and everything in the universe is infinite, that's pretty much how it would work, repeating itself over and over again..

You shouldn't fear death, though. If you die, I mean, you'd loose everything but also your ability to feel the emotional impact of your loss; you wouldn't be alive to be sorry that you're dead, in other words..

5. what about prebirth...i find it strange how fast 13 billion years have gone by up until my existence...its wierd man!! its buggin me out!

6. Just remember the hour before you were born and after the hour you die doesn't belong to you, whatever's inbetween is yours.

7. Death is crazy, everyone goes through it.

I agree with Mikelottesen, you "wouldn't be alive to be sorry you're dead", but it's an upsetting concept to know none of what you did will matter, because when you look back on your life on your death bed all those memories might be worth a second.

In other words, you'll be trapped in the moment of dying.