A thought for the brain

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by magicalbrownies, Apr 12, 2010.

1. No tiny change in income can be enough to make the difference between being well off or struggling.

2. it depends what you define 'income' as

3. Tiny change? You mean like a raise?

I hear at some fast food places, you get an 8 cent raise after working for a year.
    Oh goodies, ten hours of work earned me 80 extra cents. :|

4. depends on what "struggling" means to you. there are many people who are content with their lives making minimum wage and plainly just enjoy life

5. Wait a tic... a thought for the brain?

As opposed to what other organ/bodypart? :p

6. I dont mean to undermine you, but what about a huge change? It seems like you emphasized the "tiny" for a reason.

7. Well, I agree with the saying "Money cannot buy happiness."

It can help for those who define their happiness by material wealth, but defining one's happiness by impermanent things may not be too wise.

Plus, material objects loose their appeal after a while... then what's left?

8. then pay me freakin' more...:hello:

9. [quote name='Perpetual Burn']Well, I agree with the saying "Money cannot buy happiness."QUOTE]

Money can not buy happiness eh?

'Cause it can buy a waverunner.

Ever seen anyone frown on a waverunner?" - Daniel Tosh

I've never been on a waverunner before :p

10. just try and frown on a wave runner, you can't!

11. #11 ete23, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010
    people realize they cant take anything with them thats the absolute. money can buy happiness , it just can't find it. you could spend all your money and still not be happy. money is just a debt. how far in or out are you in debt has distinction on convenience.

12. :laughing: I like that joke...

Interestingly enough, I have owned a waverunner... a very fast waverunner. I used to live on a lake. I would ride that waverunner just about everyday... but just for an hour or so. Then, I would dock that waverunner, go inside and post on GrassCity.

I could have ridden that waverunner all the time... but I didn't. And now that I don't have a waverunner and don't live on a lake, I do not find myself wishing I still had access to a waverunner (though I am sure it would still be fun... for a bit.)

All that happiness comes from within... riding a waverunner is just an expression of that happiness.