A suggestion

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by lessismore, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been back for a brief time now, and was curious as to why we don't have a specific topic in the growing section on nutrients. A place where people can discuss the pros & cons and experiences w/ different nutes organic and inorganic. Just thought I would throw this out there and see what other's think.

peace

less

2. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have the Grow Mods discuss it. :)

3. This would be good for the new growers that wanted to know Nute brands,mixes,and other information about them.

Great idea.

4. Please, growers...anytime you have suggestions, hit us with them. We want to make the Grow area a better place to be with good info that will help everyone. So, please...talk to
    us. :)

5. I am a member on another furom that is pretty much all about growing.They have a really nice strain report data base.They have a post that tell you how to judge it very well.They give colors,smells,and alot of stuff to mark down.

If you would like I could send you a pm with the link of it so you could get a better understanding of what I am saying and get ideas on how to do it.

6. #6 lessismore, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
    A strain data base is nice. Grow reports, experiences and opinions on strains people have grown, and suggestions on how to maximize your grow is great. I have been a couple places that have them and they are good references for people growing a specific strain or interested in growing a specific strain.

I would have contacted a mod or admin on the nute thing, but thought it best if I get some feedback from other members. I find nutes are a vital part of growing, and thought it may be a good idea b/c there are so many to choose from. Newbs could benefit greatly from experienced growers and learn how to use certain products and what is worth your money and what is not. I personally have used Fox Farm, Botanicare, Floranova, Dutch Gold, Technaflora, Ionic, as well as others. This would also be a good place to discuss rooting hormones, micro nutes, and humic acids and such.

Thanks for the support guys. I want to see more people get interested in growing and knowledge is a key in having successful grows.

On another note, I also see there is no specific topic on cloning, I think this would also be good for experienced and novice growers. Just thought I would throw that in.

peace

less

7. #8 TravlinMan, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    BUMP! A nutrients section would be very nice! Discussing different methods and brands
    Indoor
    -soil
    -hydro
    *dwc
    *aero
    *flood/drain
    Outdoor

This is a great idea (+rep) and would be very helpful for beginners!! :hello:

8. The world of nutes is large and can be confusing. What to use? when to use it? organic or other?

It's a great idea

9. great topic,
    love to see that section here...bump!!
    i like the idea of the markdown table also...

10. Unfortunately, the Grow Mods have had to spend a lot of time moderating the rest of the forums and haven't had time to devote 100% to the Grow area. We're working on some things though so I'll get them to discuss this as well. Thanks for the bump. :)

11. right on, you got to do what ya got ta do right? but hopfuly this will end up a awesome addition to the GC grow section...i think we should also thank Less for the idea for at least going out on a limb and trying this...

cheer's

12. If my opinion matters; This is a great idea. And you should make less a grow mod.

Just sayin'. That guy is really helpful in the grow section, comes up with great ideas on how to better the city, is an experienced breeder, with years of knowledge under his belt.

We have such a good growing section, and having another hand in there would not hurt. I also, honestly couldn't think of anyone better.

I'm pretty sure i've said this before too. So, yeah. Just sayin.

Unless less doesn't want to be a mod, then, well, that sucks for everyone.

13. I concur :smoking: Level headed, concise, helpful and packed with knowledge, great choice

I think the biggest benefit to a section on feeding would be that it would neaten up the board as nute questions seem to get asked in multiple forums as it applies under lots of categories. (indoor,outdoor, sick plants, beginners,etc)

A nute section with a few key stickies and all that clutter could be removed from the other boards.

14. Any conclusion yet? We know u guys have nothing better to do all day, let's get on the ball!! lol. j/k of course......just curious if you've come to a conclusion on this. If you decide to do it and need help migrating the old threads over, just holler.

Happy Easter everyone :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.