A start with Banana Peppers

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by CosmicRiver12, Aug 12, 2012.

1. cool beans man, if you have room, it may be a good idea to transplant that to the biggest pot you can now to stop the taproot from getting damaged by tight space... if not then who cares, its fun just to grow em:)

2. transplanted over the weekend

[​IMG]

:hello:

3. dude... SCREW YOU!:p

your avocado is way taller than mine ever got:( lol

4. even taller today! a bit thicker as well :p

5. [quote name='"CosmicRiver12"']

transplanted over the weekend

:hello:[/quote]

Nice work on that avocado.

6. [​IMG]

growth slowed quite dramatically for a little then it boomed again. no idea why but looking at the trunk (whatever you want to call it) there is a section that is thinner than the rest above and below. basically its where the top of the tree is in the previous post.

7. awesome man!, i wish you the best of luck in growing this thing out!

8. Thanks man! It's been fun so far. I just can't wait for it to be strong enough I don't have to worry about my cat breaking it in half haha

9. Nice grow cosmic. I'll be checking back for sure.

10. #32 vinman46, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
    Love banana peppers included some in my garden this year

image-2435303971.jpg

image-4244928976.jpg

Keeping them all organic is easier inside than outside lol

11. its been a while. My cat has pushed over my tree 4 times now. two of which have been my fault and two from the woman. Hasnt really grown since the first one so I think its just kind of in shock or perhaps its growth has slowed down naturally.

I planted some basil into the pot with it as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. sweet
    cats are a pain i just started aquaponics system and i coulnt get any sprouts to survive more than 3 days until my cousins yappers came to visit, now they mite have a fighting chance lol
    Theyre nimble little fuckers too i could have the gb isolated an 10 ft and im sure theyd find a way lol

13. nobody?????????

14. been a very long time since I have updated this thread but the avocado is doing great still! 

[​IMG]

ive got three little peperoncini plants growing as well

[​IMG]

I also tried randomly throwing another avocado seed into the dirt and nothing happened for months so I just gave up on it and forgot about it really then I while I was watering this morning. . . . . BAM! its growing!

[​IMG]

at least I think thats what it is. Its coming up from exactly where the seed was but who knows. Ill give it a few weeks and see what happens

15. You tree is very cool.

A avocado has to be pretty big to have fruit, right?  Can it get big enough indoors to have avocados?

probably not indoors. It take 4-5 years before it is mature enough to grow fruit. Ill have to plant it in the ground somewhere. Hopefully ill have a house by then and if not ill plant it at my sisters or dads if I have to

17. Peppers take ages to germinate.   The best thing you can to to help them along is to provide a heat mat underneath them.  Get them up around 80F to germinate quicker.  It still takes weeks, to months to germinate peppers.  They clone easy enough, and grow well in the same conditions as our other crops, too!