A Spiritual Experience (What happened?)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jizzledfreq, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Usually before I fall asleep I listen to a meditative MP3 laced with binaural beats to stimulate a lucid dream or attain astral projection. Usually a lucid dream will occur or sleep paralysis later into the night.

Last night something completely different happened.

I was meditating like usual, wide awake by my eyes were closed, of a very sober mind/body. It's only a 10 minute mp3, so towards the 9th minute of it I see this bright flash of white, and this ethereal arm sticking out of a black void with it's hand motioning for me to come towards it. It lasted all but a moment, but it was interesting indeed.

Has anybody had something similar happen to them?

2. It's just your brain doing with you subconsciously are telling it to do. The brain is powerful.

And no, I tend to dream about other things. Like Scarlett Johansson.

3. Hypnagogic hallucination

4. Where did you see the light come from?
    I believe it was God. I thank God for all that he does. Of course, no one sees what I see and indeed, I do not see what you all see. I will believe it was God; He is helping me much.

5. You fell asleep too fast and began to dream instantly. Even if your "wide awake" being completely relaxed can knock you out instantly.

6. #6 lazytoker, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
    Usually, that happens to me when I wake up during REM sleep. It's happend to me the same way you described minus the MP3... but i'm not a scientist on the subject. It has something to do with the REM stage for sure. also look into hypnagogic hallucinations as someone above said.

7. It just came out of the black void behind my eyelids. It was for an instant. There was no head, body, or legs to this entity. Just a right arm, and a hand.

To everybody else. I was wide awake still, I hadn't fallen asleep in the 10 minutes, I actually took my headphone out for a moment to check on my baby who was sleeping next to me. I don't think it had anything to do with REM sleep at all because I hadn't fallen asleep yet for the night, it was just before I was about to officially "check out" for the night. I hadn't been deprived of sleep, I actually had a great nights sleep with a nights full of dreams the night before.

8. If it interests you.. I believe there is something more to come. Just be safe, loving, you know not hurting anyone. God bless and best wishes. I hope you learn the truth behind it and realize what your next moves will be to complete. Once again, best of luck to you friend.