A "sinner" speaks in tongues...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by RollATree, Apr 4, 2009.

1. One night I was at home, where I just turned out the lights to go to bed. I had just finished reading some of the Bible but I wasn't feeling all that inspired. When I layed down I all the sudden started feeling weird. It's hard to explain but something was different and I felt odd. I got up and went to the refrigerator to shake the feeling off but it stayed. When I layed down again I felt this urge to move my tongue. I was literally thinking "I am going crazy!", but after awhile I just let my mouth go and two words came out that I quickly wrote down, in the best way I knew how to spell them.

The next day I googled the words and found out they had Yiddish roots, which is a form of the Hebrew language. After taking someones advice, I called a Rabbi and after a few failed attemps one finally called me back. He told me the words meant "Holy Tongue"! It's funny because I use the names Yahweh for God and Yeshua for Jesus, which both are the Hebrew names for them. I have always been intrigued by the Hebrew language.
    And no, I wasn't high when it happened. I still think about it all and wonder...

2. i speak with my tongue to

3. great story xD

4. thats pretty cool actually

5. biblical parables are pretty annoying

6. hmmm... thats interesting....do you speak or read hebrew?