Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A rose by any other name...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by nps4474@yahoo.c, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Question.

If California and other West Coast states are classifying marijuana as a medicine (in a very specific and small portion of the states thus far with plenty of regulations I'm sure) can it not be legally argued that it should be considered a medicine elswhere in the states? Meaning, if you are caught wuth medical marijuana outside of California, could you make the argument that you are not in possesion of illicitly illegal street drugs (felony or misdemeanor charges) could you rightfully claim that you should be charged with (I assume?) a lesser count of being in possession of someone elses prescribed medication?

O.k., I get that not all states have the same classification for drugs medical or street, however if you bought a bottle of asprin in California and it was found on your person in Iowa, the substance itself has not changed, it's still asprin right?

If a person is prescribed Zanax for a panic disorder, are they not allowed to transport a personal amount with them when they travel? Isnt Zanax potentially much more dangerous if improperly injested over herb? So if you have a panic disorder, you can carry around potentially lethal Zanax (liquid booze) in your pocket, but not a tinuy bag of marijuana?

Sorry, lots of random thoughts, this post is not well composed, however I do think I perhaps bring up some interesting topics for debate or discussion?

2. yea man your definitely brought up a good point and im not sure what the answer is though...wish i did

3. As far as I know, you will be charged with illicit drug charges, if in a state that does not have MMJ laws up.

And FORGET about transporting anything from a seed on an airplane, much less two ounces.

4. i'm a California patient and recently i went up to Oregon. i got into Oregon with my medication and a pipe, but when i was leaving i was caught with my pipe only, in the airport (as i had already smoke all my medication). after being brought to a separate room and told that i was going to be arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia i told them that i was a California card holder, apparently it doesn't matter. The officers told me that i am only protected in the state of California as far as my privileges are concerned as a medical patient. The fact that Oregon has their own card policy doesn't include outta towner's (go figure) as this rule applies to every state with MJ laws. the officers were really nice they actually let me off with a verbal warning they said i needed to be pulled aside in order not to cause a commotion. they took my pipe, led me to the front of the line to board my plane back to California shook my hand and that was it.

conclusion:

i wouldn't travel with my meds, its not worth it. i dont know if the cops were telling the truth about everything or not but IMHO dont travel with pot sooner or later you'll get caught.

5. It's the United States of America, man. States. Think of the states as semi-independent little countries. Some states are more conservative than others. But even counties and cities within states can have their own rules. Ever heard of a "dry county?" You particularly find them in Tennessee and points further south. Alcohol is illegal in these counties (or severely restricted).

That's the way it works. And I wouldn't have it any other way.