A reusable, efficient, inexpensive, and portable gravity bong

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by jphie, Oct 11, 2013.

1. #1 jphie, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013
    Hello, first time poster here. I would like to share with you my gravity bong. While the wrench socket method is nothing new, I have a method that requires minimal modification of all its components.

All you need are:

-28oz workout shaker bottle (GNC or similar)
    -Socket wrench (most come in a set of various sizes; fortunately, more than one size can be used)
    -16.9 fl oz water bottle (this is a disposable part)

It's quite long, so I've attached my wikihow page:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Reusable%2C-Inexpensive%2C-and%2C-Efficient-Gravity-Bong

[​IMG]

2. a wiki on a gravity bong????far out.

I remember, in the good ole days before the internet, when we just used a 1 gallon milk jug and the inflatable raft ......... the canoe was only good for the first hit.. after that balance became an issue.

3. no. just no.

fuck this shit.

heres what i would do, cause uuhhh, fuck sockets and fuck plastic. blleechh

i would take a nice tall good glass bottle. empty its contents. take a 16 penny nail, or 18, and put it in head first into the bottle.
    swirl it around for just a second, then cover the top with your thumb and start shaking up and down vigorously until the bottom of the bottle sholud pop right off.

its not a pervectly clean cut, but its so cheap and easy, who cares. if you have some sand paper or griptape layin around just smooth the edges up some while being cautious also.

now, find maybe a broken bong joint, or a working glass on glass down stem. rubber grommet stems work to i guess, but because of the way the GonG is built it works way better. find some not toxic, really awesome heat resistant super glue, and super glue the top outside seam where the downsteam or joint meets the bottle in the hole. that way your not really loading the inside part up with glue.

let it sit till it dries.

alls you need now is a container to fill with water and a glass on glass bowl to throw in the down stem,and youll have an all glass grav bong thats cheap and easy to make.

remember there are other ways to variate the things you use to make it if all things needed arnt easily accessible.

4. #4 jphie, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
    Well, here's the thing; glass breaks.
    As for using plastic, its prevalence and disposability makes cleaning a matter of swapping out a water bottle. I don't see any particular disadvantage of plastic, as you're not burning it.
    In fact, I would avoid glass due to its fragility and difficulty of modification. All I need is a flathead screwdriver to make a hole. My method avoids glue and makes an airtight seal without any modification.
    Besides, all my materials can be had outside a smoke shop. Where exactly can you buy a stem outside a smoke/head shop? I suppose your method works well for you, but mine requires less material and modification.
    Honestly, your approach is completely different from mine, as I deliberately avoided using glue and glass; I don't see how your method is better by putting those materials back in.
    Well, I just wanted to share my own tried and true method, and I am sorry that my post has upset you.

5. Call me stupid, but I don't understand the point of a gravity bong. You let the bottle inhale the smoke, then you inhale the smoke from the bottle. Why not just hit it from a pipe or a joint?

6. The smoke density, and efficiency. You are effectively smoking several hits at once, and less smoke is wasted, as in between drags of a joint.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Ok to save weed, thats cool. To take "several hits at once" is not cool. Unless you want to fall asleep on the couch in front of the TV. Several hits at once makes me cough my head off and it ruins the sesh for me. But if it works for you, then go for it! Enjoy your gravity bong. Thanks for posting.

8. I meant that there are several hits worth of smoke in the bottle; there's no need to treat it like a one hitter if you don't want to. Trust me, it goes down pretty smoothly; its not any harsher than a hit of a j. Give it a few minutes and you're gonna be pretty damn high.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Oh ok I see. It's like burning a joint and catching all the smoke at once and then take individual hits

10. Yes sir; as long as you keep the bottom hole submerged or closed with your finger (Reason #2 for making a hole instead of cutting out the entire bottom) and the top capped, the smoke has nowhere else to go.
    Plus, watching the smoke billow into the bottle is pretty cool IMHO.