A recipe for clean smell free bong water

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Frasier, Nov 15, 2017.

1. The other day I went to rinse my bong with some 3% peroxide, left a bit in and sure enough my bong water stayed clean for weeks. Usually after a few days I get white mould on the little bits of ash and bud that get in and the bong water stinks as bong water does.

When you add a small amount of 3% peroxide to the bong just enough to cover the bottom and a little more, it kills the bacteria and fungus that cause the murky look and fungus and the smell too.

As far as I know there are no ill effects of smoking through water lightly treated with such dilute peroxide but going overboard may have issues. Like for example filling the entire bong with peroxide, I heard people tried it and it burned badly.

2. I'm no scientist but I wouldn't even consider doing this myself. Not worth the risk of potentially serious harm just to save a bit of effort cleaning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. i won't even consider this either. is not even that hard to clean a bong. i hit mine every half an hour everyday and it's very usable, sure there is resin built up around the walls but it works just fine and does not smell because i replace the water.. for the smell just changing the water everyday will reduce it. i only clean my bong once a week or less

4. Mold in your bong? :eek::blink:

5. Well, to be honest, diluted peroxide isn't harmful. If so, my doctor wouldn't tell me to gargle with peroxide and warm water when I have a sore throat. We also pour peroxide on open wounds,cuts and scrapes at full strength which will get it into the bloodstream. It's all good. White vinegar would probably do the same for managing bacteria and mold, as it lowers ph. Not sure how it would taste but hey, if ya like pickles, it may be with a shot. Lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Use apple juice instead of water. Other then the ash the bong will stay clean. I promise it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Peroxide is hydrogen2 oxygen2

It's just water with an extra oxygen molecule.

Pretty safe. You can drink a mouth full of peroxide with no issues.

8. Exactly,

I use peroxide on all my post bath cat cuts and I have gotten it in my eyes a few times and I can still see just fine. I use it in my ears too, cleans out the wax.

I wouldn't use vinger in the water but vinegar can definitely be used to clean it.

• Like Like x 1