A real bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Dannyboi7, Jan 18, 2019.

1. I have no idea who OP is I wasn't born till 93 so it was before my time :laughing:

2. Neat information, but I believe bongs have evolved

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I know, I am an official old fart.

:icgreen:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. #24 koruptyg, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    @Dannyboi7 I am not distrusting YOU per say, see it more as me not trusting anyone :D I'm a bit fresh to this internet social thing too, even though I actually work in IT, but I've never really felt comfortable online. Do not take what I think as a general consensus, I just got trust issues:D Concept is, anyone can say anything, and that is a good thing, but it does increase the burden of proof if you really want something to be taken seriously. I do however want to iterate, I am paranoid.

Trolling is something I fall for often. It is essentially people just saying shit to provoke a response. Since I am not used to forums or social media, I often fall for it. I am getting better though:D If you want a quick schooling on what trolling is, read about this guy: Marijuana Cheese (bong)?. If he was for real, you'd call him an idiot, but he is just having fun making the people that respond (me, multiple times) idiots.

@ICGreen if you know this brother is for real, you gotta make sure GC hooks him up with some spots:D

Anyways, peace. This thread turned out a lot better than I first anticipated.

5. Mid 70’s—- this issue. First Anniversary if High Times

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. I’m a 65 year old hippie carpenter that needs to retire and piddle in my shop. I’m really interested in using my cnc machine with a 4th axis to do carvings on bamboo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Ooops ! Talking about myself. I’m confused with this forum thing.

9. brings back fond memories of mid to late 1970's Australia, where a local music shop used to stock the HT mag, there was nothing like it anywhere to be found in print!

10. Looks like something a tribe in a rainforest wood make. Not that that's a bad thing. I don't think a bong being a one hitter type of thing has anything to do with the definition though. If you want to load up a bowl and hit it multiple times it's still a bong :confusedalt:

11. Thank you!!

12. I remember those bamboo bongs. The first Colombian Gold I smoked, I smoked out of a bamboo bong. Funny thing, to this day when I think of a bong the image that comes to mind is of a bamboo one hitter!

Like the OP, I think of a bong as being a one-hit, no-screen water pipe. Also like the OP I've been around since the days of ten dollar lids... but I suspect things have moved on a bit since then. :p

13. If i had your email i could enform you when your “true bong” is ready to be shipped. Im planning a 1 hour trip to the bamboo patch to cut some pieces to make and send out for free. I enjoy spreading the my good fortune and only good will come of it.

14. What is OP ? It’s nice to know someone agrees with me on what a bong is. It’s not a waterpipe. Which is what I see in the shops now adays.
    I also know what a lid is. Do you remember ...
    “How many fingers is it?” Man I’m old.

15. @Dannyboi7 OP = Original poster, guy that created the thread.

16. 4 finger lids.
    Nice when your provider had large hands.

:smoke:

17. Au contraire.
    Circa 1970, NYC, a lid was an 28 gram ounce.
    If it wasn't, there was acrimony.

18. Arkansas was still a four finger lid in 76, 77 time frame.
    It did go up to $20 though.

19. Funny; the one ounce lid, in NYC, circa 1970 was, also, $20... but what crap!
    (Well, not the Thai Sticks.)

20. Yeah the Panama Red, Columbian etc, soon hit $40.