A real bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Dannyboi7, Jan 18, 2019.

1. a bong is a one hit water pipe. No carburetor.
    No screen.
    The bong you have needs a smaller bowl and don’t over load it. Draw slow and steady after it’s lit and the ashes will drop into the water and it will caburate itself.
    See the attached file for a pics of real bongs.
    I made these in 1975 and sold them through High Times magazine. Thinking of going back in business.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nice! I think most people these days would still pick glass over bamboo but I’m sure you could still make a killing. I’d buy one. What kind bass do you use? Any glues or nastiness like that?

3. #3 koruptyg, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Cool pics but you're rhetoric is quite annoying. Makes it seem like you are king of bongs and if it doesn't fit your personal definition then it isn't a bong/water piper.

Your definition is not what it is generally understood as today, maybe it was in 1975.

A real car is a vehicle that runs on stream. A real car needs to be started by turning the crank over and over. A real car cant exceed speeds of 10mph. Nothing else is a car.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I wouldn't use one of them they look odd lol

How much do you plan on selling these for if you do go back into business? You can pick up decent glass bongs for £10

5. You’re funny. But a bong is a bong. Anything else is just a waterpipe. After selling 4000 + across the US I do carry a little clout.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #6 koruptyg, Jan 18, 2019
    Guy you are free to think what ever you want and that is cool, I might not agree but it isn't really all that important. You are however wrong in your extremely narrow definition and I really suspect that what you're saying has never been the case, especially considering that bong history goes back over 2000 years. I'd say that the Toker 2 is a bong, I'd say that it doesn't fit what you are saying, I'd say it came out before 75.

Your bongs might have looked like that, they might have sold really well and been super popular, but you did not invent bongs. I'm happy that you sold 4000+ across the US and hope the money was good and I hope you will come back and continue to sell well. There are however quite a lot more glass bongs being sold today by glass blowers that take pride in their work and craft, saying that they are not selling bongs is kind of a offensive statement.

I would say that you do carry clout and I would be happy that such a person is part of our community. I'm happy that I can speak with someone that has such a vast history in the game. I am also saying that elementary logic and reasoning proves you wrong and that even the Thai translation of the word doesn't contain most of what you are saying.

And even if I would be wrong with all of what I said, which I'm not, definitions evolve. This is what I tried to explain with my steam car example.

GL. Dropping this as I suspect I'm being trolled.

PS EDIT:
    If you really are legit I'd be super excited to have owned one of your older pieces, maybe even one of the newer ones assuming you made them yourself. It might not see action that often, but I'd consider it be a big wonderful part of the culture I love.

7. I respect your craftsmanship.

8. I’m ligit. And you sure do dish out a tounge lashing eloquently. However, (you knew this was coming) in 1973 my brother returned from Viet Nam and brought a bamboo “bhang” home with him. It was a one hitter and no carb and everyone loved it. I said to myself “self...i could make these and sell ‘em. There is bamboo all over this area.” So I did. Perhaps I’ll make one for you for nothing and when you show your friends they’ll all order one. They are the smoothest you can get. And no 2 are alike.
    I think i would do custom only.

9. #9 koruptyg, Jan 18, 2019
    (I'm assuming all this is legit)

Brother @Dannyboi7 I should probably have started with the praise, and I would have liked your post in a second, but I just couldn't get past the rhetoric. I think what you did for this culture is amazing, especially due to the fact that you did it so early. Like I said in the first post, I think they look really cool, but even more so, they are a part of history.

I did not mean to lash out against you (sometimes I do, but not in this case), I am just very specific with definitions, facts, opinions, theories and the difference between them. I'm so sick and tired of language being used in a dangerous/imprecise manner to manipulate people that I get sad for humanity. [Now] I do not think that you meant it in a bad way but I got defensive and therefore extra factual and precise. Sadly, this is the way I speak in real life, but I know it doesn't fit a "chilled out" online community. I'm a stickler meeseks. The stupid part is that I myself am somewhat decent at expressing my thoughts even though English is my third language (which is apparent now and again :D), so I could potentially be one of these dangerous people. I never want to seem like I am in the right even though I'm not. I would consider this a personal failure. I never want to be in a discussion to "win", I want to be in a discussion to be wrong. That is when I'm elevating myself.

Sadly I can't take your word for it that it is all legit (I'm a sceptic), but with a little bit of proof, I'm telling you I would be so happy to have spoken with you. To me, what you have done, is considered art and beautiful craftsmanship and it is humbling because you have taken us a step closer to where we are today. I'm also a real fan of glass blowers and I think what they do it amazing, I consider it to be a really high form of art and craftsmanship. This is at least my truth, people have different views on what art is.

I can tell you that I would without a doubt spend money on one, or a few of your pieces, and I would be happy with it and proud of owning one. So far I've spent around 4k on glass so I'm telling you that if what you say checks out, I'd spend a bit to get a piece of history and culture.

Now, you are telling us that the function is amazing, and it is probably good, but these are my favorite pieces I've owned:
    (This is my daily driver - I vape)

They are hard to compete with :D

GL Brother, hope you get into the game once more. I'm quite sure that if your background checks out, there will be more people like me willing to spend some cash to support you and be a part of that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. A one of a kind custom bamboo bong - 50$ minimum.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. This conversation with you is the first time I’ve ever posted in a forum. I don’t know what “trolling” is. I don’t know how to prove I’m me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Bases are not necessary but ive used alot of different materials. Wood , plastic and rubber.
    As far as nastiness goes... I don’t use anything. I sent an instruction sheet out with every bong in ‘75 that stated to just keep water in it so it won’t dry out and crack. Rinse it out oncevin a while and it will last for years

13. Im testing the waters.

14. I am lifeguarding the waters.

:smoke:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Im being questioned as being ligit. How do prove I’m me. This is my first time on any forum.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. You can post an email, redact any personal info about participants.

My main point is you can't use GC to promote yourself or to start selling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. You can't really prove who you are lol

It's like me saying I'm Willie Nelson not many people will buy it lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I am believing he is the real deal.
    I also remember the ads from the late 70's.

• Friendly Friendly x 2