Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A quick question for stoners who quit smoking cigarettes:

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Trippy Flick, Apr 8, 2011.

1. I recently kicked the tobacco habit, and I've been off of it for about 3 1/2 months. I still smoke weed, but the problem there is that I never rolled without tobacco. I've always liked it better that way, but lately, I've been sticking to bongs and pipes to avoid the tobacco (inb4 "roll a joint without tobacco," that part's coming up).
    So yesterday, my friends and I rolled a straight-up joint, and it just wasn't the same. It was weird to roll, and I didn't get as high. So, ex-smokers who've tried a spliff after they've quit for real, is it relatively safe to enjoy a spliff every now and again, or do I run an uncomfortably high risk of falling off the wagon?

2. I wouldn't do it. I'm currently trying to break the habbit and since you where sucessful, i'd stay away from nicotine from now on.

3. It's all in your head.. if you think you're going to get addicted, then you're weak minded and should quit smoking all together.

4. Switch to organic tobacco. Get your nic fix and no cancer.

5. I'm leaning more towards this. Thanks for your feedback, and best of luck quitting smoking. It's fucking hard, but once you know for sure that you've done it (and believe me, you'll know), it's incredible. You'll feel like you can do anything. Hang in there. Don't quit quitting.

6. Avoid it at all costs. Its not that you arent getting any higher, its that you are expecting that extra buzz.

Joints are a trigger for you, which means its going to make you want to smoke tobacco.

If you want to quit, you have to remove all triggers, or re-program them into your brain
    Nicotine addiction is not just in your head.

Not sure where you got this from. You still have a chance of getting cancer. You just dont have all the extra chemicals that are in other cigs. Its not any healthier

7. Don't do it. I just quit cold turkey for 3 months and long story short, Ive been smoking for a month or two again. And I dove right back in to having 7-15 a day. :(

8. I used weed to quit smoking, but I still smoke blunts. Haven't smoked in over a year, now. I'd avoid spliffs, though.

9. its possible that there is some type of tobacco that is not grown with radioactive fertilizers. never heard of it, but I don't think he simply means american spirits.

10. so all sorts of combusting chemicals are not bad for your health? :rolleyes:

11. if u really wanna stop smoking tobacco, dont even smoke the occasional spliff....i quit cigs 4 years ago and honestly i feel amazing and never crave anymore...evertime u hit that occasional spliff u are putting ur lung recovery back a few months (i wish i could reference this too high) i would recommend sticking to the bongs or pipes, if u dont enjoy a joint, then dont do it :)
    i can relate, i smoked blunts for a long time, and had to stop because of the tobacco leave paper...
    i now love to smoke only weed :)
    good luck man, cigs fuckin suck and are gross and i hated when people told me that when i smoked, but now it fuckin repulses me :confused:

12. I quit a couple months ago, and I've had spliffs since then. I haven't had any problems turning back to cigarettes from it though. But, if you're not comfortable with it, don't do it.

13. They are. Thats why you shouldnt smoke.

'Organic' tobacco does not mean its healthy in any way. It still causes the same problems and still can cause cancer. In my experience, they just arent as addicting

14. Dont do it, if your off just stay off

15. Bro, it's not worth it. There isn't a day that goes by where I think about my old habbits. Sure it would be nice to have that high again, but I know if I did it really wouldn't stop there. It might take a week, a month, shit it might take several months. Just remember, once you get that feeling back, all that hard work goes out the window.

16. this is the dumbest thing i've read all day

17. Healthier. And I guess eating real organic food is just as bad for you as their GM counterparts :rolleyes: You have thousands of years of tobacco use. Show me one recorded case of cancer from completely organic tobacco use.

18. Anything you burn has carcinogens. Carcinogens = Cancer.

In 2000, the FTC ordered Santa Fe to disclose on all relevant packaging that “No additives in our tobacco does NOT mean a safer cigarette.” (Smith says he can't “emphasize enough” that there is no such thing as a safer cigarette.) Even so, the inclusion of “natural” in the brand name, the depiction of a Native American on its logo, and the emerging use of organic practices all foster the notion that cigarettes have a place in a healthy and sustainable society.
    “Some smokers have that perception,” said Patricia McDaniel, a post-doctoral fellow at the University of California's Center for Tobacco Control Research & Education. “But the only way that might be true is if we actually smoked tobacco once a year in a ceremony [like the Native Americans] instead of in cigarette form.”
    In a paper McDaniel had published last year on smokers' perceptions of “natural” cigarettes, she concluded that “tobacco companies may be inclined to introduce natural brands as part of their burgeoning corporate social responsibility efforts” and that “such efforts may involve expanding the current concept of natural cigarettes, with their emphasis on no additives, into ‘green' cigarettes-organic (pesticide-free), completely biodegradable, or manufactured U.S.ing renewable energy.” Indeed, market research shows that informing smokers of the chemical contents of most cigarettes results in shock and alarm, and also suggests that, for many smokers, this alarm can be allayed by a “natural” cigarette. In Germany, ads for “organic” cigarettes have been banned because regulators there decided they mislead consumers into thinking they're a healthier product.

19. Silliest thing i've heard all day.

20. its true.

dude, I'm in the medical field. I know what I'm talking about.:rolleyes:

Re: Is all smoke carcinogenic ?