A Quick Question About Acid

Discussion in 'General' started by (T)x(H)x(C), Apr 10, 2006.

1. I've never heard that rumor before, but could it have been Ken Kesey (author of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest) and his 'band' of Merry Pranksters? They were the big traveling acid heads in the 60's, throwing huge parties wherever they went and giving away (yes, as in FREE) acid like it was candy.

The other band that everyone followed around was the Grateful Dead, who were the longest continuously touring band in rock and roll history.

And Tim Leary didn't make acid, he just made it popular. As a professor at Harvard, he had access to acid 'for research purposes'. A guy named Augustus Owsley Stanley III was responsible for making the purest acid back in the mid-60's. He was the one that supplied the Merry Pranksters with their acid.

Anyway, I'm out of the loop on this rumor. It seems as though something like a treasure trove of acid could have been buried by the Merry Pranksters... sounds like something they might have done. I don't think it would have remained buried for 30 years but who knows? If you find out more about this treasure map, please let me know. I'd be interested in the validity of the story.

2. Merry Pranksters does sound sort of familiar. And I guess he said "Passed through the hands of Tim Leary". Like I said he's not the kind of guy that would believe someone without really trusting the person or the type of guy to lie about shit in general (especially LSD, he respects it too much) so maybe there's promise. He was pretty excited about it too. He said he's going to try to buy as much as he can when it become avalible to him. I'm going to keep up to date on this cause it would be an awesome opportunity. BTW, LSD goes for about $7 a tab through my connection.

3. yes you can.. just not with the amount youd be taking to trip

4. Wouldn't that be killer?! Like being blessed by the Pope or something...! If at all possible, if this stuff actually does come through, would you be able to take a picture of one of the hits and post it here on the boards? I'd love to see it! :D

5. I'm not really sure what I think of Leary. Yeah he did show acid as a spritual enlightenment tool but if he hadn't done it in such an overt way then it might not have been made illegal- I guess he just underestimated the power of biggotory (sp?- Correct me by pm if it bugs you and I'll change it :) ).

6. True...

Disagree. I think I saw it in a book called "Pharmacology" by Rang Dale Ritter and Moore. I'll be happy to give you a shot of the page tomorrow but I'm a little tired right now so I can't be bothered.

I've got a few ideas as to why but I suspect they're wrong. Will look it up and get back to ya. :)

7. from erowid..

Oral LSD Dosages
    Threshold\t20 ug
    Light\t25 - 75 ug
    Common\t50 - 150 ug
    Strong\t150 - 400 ug
    Heavy\t400 + ug
    LD50 (Lethal Dose*)\t12,000 ug

8. Oh yeah, if it develops. I'm going to get some if I get the chance. I'll get some pictures and I'd even write an experience if it's worthwhile and true. I would hope the prices won't be too bad given that it was found (or gifted to them, if you will).

9. if your going to do acid your first time fuck only taking 1 hit... maybe if its your first time doing any drug yea... but take 3-4 hits if you acually want to "trip"

10. i heard a substantial portion of the mass manufactured "sunshine" acid (sunshine would connect it to Grateful dead, not merry pranksters) was given to certain houses...and those houses were placed on the map...like the underground railroad kinda shit.

11. Why would orange sunshine be connected to the Grateful Dead? Orange sunshine originated in Orange County. The Dead were from San Francisco. :confused:

12. i'm so confused now lol. very interesting read thus far.

13. acid is the shit i did 5 hits and tripped like crazy for a day

14. If it's authenticated, I doubt that the prices would be reasonable. That's the kind of stuff that could be sold at Sotheby's for a tiny fortune or put on display at the Smithsonian.

Are we still trying to smuggle black people up north...?! Or has Harriett Tubman become an acid head...? :D

15. they cant test for acid with a spinal tap... thats a myth and its untrue. doesnt happen

16. does any drug mess with your spine? E was proven not to as well right? damn lies and propoganda

17. im pretty sure that a portion of sunshine acid was manufactured solely for the touring of the Dead, regardless of origin.

18. Oops, I'm sorry... orange sunshine was originally produced in Windsor, CA, north of SF. But I still can't find any reference to it being manufactured specifically for Dead Shows. Where'd you hear that from? An interesting tidbit...! :cool:

19. he said a portion...

20. ill admit its not documented, this is pure hearsay. ill ask my cousin and see if i can get the full monty.