A question you may have wondered but will never know

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Spanqwire, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Have any of you ever wondered that what colors you see may be different to others? Like if what I see as blue, may be what I see as red to you? The color you may see is "green", but what you actually see is orange. Colors have different names, but are they seen the same by everyone? The world may never know.

2. Hahaha I was wonder what it would be like if i was seeing through someone elses eyes.

Do they see what I see, do i see what they see? Its trippy man.

3. like what if different colored irises see different levels of saturation and stuff? you know how alot of movies have color grading? what if your eyes iris color adds a hint of color grading to what you see O.O

4. Haha yeah man, a while ago this question fascinated me, we'll never know I guess.

5. I've heard this so many times and I don't find it creative, nor well thought out.

My main reason why I believe this can't be true is there are often common adjectives we use to describe them, adjectives that don't change from person to person. I would say red is intense, but blue is definitely not intense. I've never met a person who would call blue intense. Names mean nothing but the way we describe them, does.

Now what Classy Man said about saturation I can believe to be true. I mean no doubt there are slight alterations in color from person to person (did you actually know men don't view color as sharply and accurately as woman?), but the basic colors are all the same.

6. #7 M369, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
  7. BlueRedOrange Purple

8. The way this can be true is

You would be moving up or down on the vibrational level.All atoms and particles vibrate at a certain resonance.If you accelerate this your vision will change becouse you yourself have changed the speed in which you resonate.

9. #10 MandalaSmoker, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
    Soon we shall see.

Its not though.This is knowledge millions of years old.Hidden from the vast majority of human beings.You say psuedo science I say its been hidin.

We will eventually know who is right.With what I know now its not going to be you though.I certainly don't know much either.I'm ignorant in many subjects.

Mceo and cdt plate translations.

May bring a new perspective to view the world from.

10. damn I thought I was the only one who thought this!!

11. How baked are you ?? :hippie:

12. But do we say red is intense, only because it's socially accepted that red is an intense color? One person can see red as "red", and say, "Wow, that's intense!", then another could see red as "blue" and say "Wow, that's intense!".

You can't prove/disprove this since nobody really knows how the world looks through other people's eyes, and that's what's more interesting to me...what the world looks like though other's eyes...

13. the only way for this to actually be possible is for your brains to perceive them differently...

colors are specific wave lengths of light.... meaning they are concrete... but that doesnt mean that the brain cant perceive them differently i suppose.... it just seems that if that was how it worked eventually as people kept reproducing and mixing genetics it would find a permanent solution and we would all see the same perception of the color....

14. Its definitely interesting to think about.

But im pretty sure that the fast majority of people see things the same, minus those with color blindness.

Definitely interesting though :smoke:

15. You know what would be cool? if they made contacts that made you color blind, kind of for the same reason they make those drunk goggles or whatever their called, but in the form of contacts. i think it would be pretty neat to see what the world would look like in black and white (physically, not through a tv or monitor.)

Which reminds me, when i was a kid and watched all those shows from way back that were black and white, i always thought color didnt actually exist back then, and thats why it was black and white lol.

16. #17 Vicious, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    [​IMG]

Seriously though

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b71rT9fU-I[/ame]

From Cracked.com

Everyone's perception of colors should be the same. We have the same retinal structure due to evolution and the same wavelengths of light shooting at us.

Yet somewhere, right now, there is a young couple at Home Depot looking at little cards with paint colors on them. The woman holds up four cards to her husband and says, "Do you like the eggshell, ivory, cream or bone?" at which point he looks at the cards, all of which are white, and says, "You're messing with me, right?"

"And what's all this 'taupe' bullshit?"

She's not. Experiments have found that whether or not you can register a color depends on whether or not you have a name for it in your language. You can see the color, it just doesn't register in your mind.

One study compared some young children from England with kids from a tribe in Nambia. In the English language, young kids usually learn 11 basic colors (black, white, gray, red, green, blue, yellow, pink, orange, purple and brown) but in Himba it's only five. For instance, they lump red, orange and pink together and call it "serandu."

If you showed the Himba toddler a pink card and then later showed him a red one and ask if they're the same card, the kid would often mistakenly say yes -- because they're both "serandu." Same as if you showed you "Eggshell" and an hour later showed you "Bone" and asked if it was the same card from before. Now, again, they can see the colors; if you hold up a pink card and a red card next to each other, the English kid and Himba kid both would say they're different. But not when they see them one at a time.

But if you teach him the new names for the colors, that one is "pink" and the other is "red," from then on he can identify them when seen by themselves, without the other one for comparison. Same as the girl or interior decorator who can immediately identify "eggshell" as distinct from "ivory" the moment she sees it on a wall, while her boyfriend couldn't do it with a gun to his head. The ability to recognize the color comes with having a name for it.

Likewise, Turkish and Russian both split what we call "blue" into two different colors, for the darker and lighter shades. Therefore they consistently do a better job than English speakers when given the same "is this blue card the same as the last blue card" test. Even weirder, when testing the Russians they found that by giving them a verbal distraction (making them try to memorize a string of numbers while doing the color test) the advantage disappeared. It was the language part of their brain that was helping them "see" the color.

17. Kind of related, but not. I had an ex who's dad was saying that when she was growing up, he thought it'd be funny to teach her that apples are called oranges, and oranges are called apples. He was weird dude, lol, but he said it stuck with her til she was able to see the difference somewhere else. Occasionally she'd slip and call one by it's wrong name even after she learned how it really was.

18. What if my green is somebody else's blue?

Edit: fuck, beat me to it.

19. if you put 100 good artists in a room who had no vision problems, and asked them to paint an apple and a bananna with accurate colors (and they all knew how to mix paint, like any good artist) you would get back 100 paintings that are pretty much the same colors. there may be slight varitions due to style and lighting.