a question about watering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by my9thtime, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Hey everyone! being as it will soon be that special time of year, and I found a nice secure spot for my humble crop (2-3 plants). My question is, how often should I water them? Heres some basic info. The spot is about five feet above a river bank. The soil has a lot of clay, and it is in shade (but I'm guessing it will be getting 4-6 hours of sunlight per day). Also, the temperature can reach into the hundreds during summer. So, how much and often do you think I should water them?

P.S. This area is near a lake, are there any issues I should be aware of? Thanks for any responses.

2. Try to get an actual reading on how much light you'll have--otherwise you could be wasting your time.

3. These things are a help, but from my experiences I still had to water every two days during the 95-100 degree spells. And that was for plants that were getting 6 hours of direct sun per day and were within 10 feet of a creek.

4. #5 Corto Malteze, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
    Every 2 days! Wow. Without these I water once a week, but a lot. It depends on the water retention of your mix too. And the sun expo. Too much isn't good for guerilla.
    You can line the hole with brown paper bags to retain moisture too.
    And a generous mulch.

5. I always wait until the soil right around the base of my plant is dry and crumbly between waterings but in my area sometimes that is every day at times i always chck every day if i dont have an automatic watering system set up.