A question about leaving plants unattended

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by master_tang7009, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Right, so I'm about to leave tomorrow for a week and I want my plant to survive the week. It just started flowering under 6 CFL's in some good soil. I know I'll need to raise the lights a bit so they can grow without touching it but what else? The lights are on a timer so that's fine but as far as water I'm not sure what to do about it. Any help would be obliged!

2. You have left it a bit late to set up a timer of some kind.

3. hmm only thing i could think of, mabe set up a drinkbottle n dripper system?

Like water plants before u go but have a botlle slowly drippin water over then whole next week.. probally isnt that good but its better then the plants dyin n dryin.

4. Wow, didn't you know you'd be going away? Talk about waiting until the last minute.

Rorget about a setup that will help it to thrive in good health, your goal needs to be to just keep the plant from dying until you get back.

First, water well before you leave. In addition, get an empty gallon jug (like a milk jug). With the cap screwed on tight, poke a hole in the bottom and suspend it over the plant. Water should not drip out because there is nowhere for air to get in to replace the volume of the water leaving. Then, slightly open the tension on the cap until water does start to drip out, adjust the tightness of the cap such that the water drips out about one drop a minute. That should give it enough water to keep it alive.