a question about Hydroponic growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ienjoysmoking, Jul 17, 2009.

1. My question is, how big do the pots have to be for hydroponic growing? I heard/read that with hydroponics the roots don't grow out as far (providing you keep the water levels right) because they reach all the nutrients they need with the hydroponic system. Is this true? Could I afford to buy a system with pots that are only 2/3 inches in diameter? I want to know because the 5/6 inch diameter hydro systems start getting more expensive and I'm in college so I'm broke.

Also... should i get a tent for the plants/are they effective on odor control/how big of a tent do I need if so?

I appreciate any help, thanks

2. 2-3 inch net pots are fine. You should build your own hydro system for 1/10 of the price as a pre built one.

Tents don't control odor.

3. 12311979 is absolutely right.....build your own. Its cheap, fun, and you will be especially proud once you take your first harvest from something you built yourself! Check out Rumple's bubblebucket thread at the beginning of this section or Google "hempy bucket". I have built both and am very pleased with the results. ;)

4. ya im doin my first grow with a waterfarm system and know next to nothing about hydroponics but, it has been fairly easy and im relly happy with the results im getting. only cost me i think $50 for the system totally woth it in my opinion.