Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

a pipe a friend gave me

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Slilent, Jan 3, 2012.

1. So on new years eve i went over to a friends then me him and his and one of his sons im mostly friends with them from high school. so we went out to dinner came back we all go to talking about smoking weed. well hes 65 and doesnt ever smoke weed no more so he gave me this lil metal pipe he had from living in cali kinda has a tied died bead as the body metal bowl silver color. well been smoknig my reggies out of it and it seems be getting me much higher im wondering why.....

2. More than likely just coincidence. Maybe the stuff you've gotten recently is more potent? I suppose it's also a possibility that the bowl is well used and you're burning some of the resin inside of it and that's getting you higher than you're used to.

Also, if you were using homemade pieces before instead of glass or metal then just the fact that everything is airtight and you can clear it effectively could have something to do with it.

If it's none of the above things, then it's all in your head or you're just smoking more than you were before. Truth is there's really nothing one pipe is gonna do that another can't. Even bongs don't really get you higher for the same amount of bud, there's just no waste, unlike joints and it filters out some of the extra stuff in the smoke so its closer to just straight THC. Which means essentially that there's a higher percentage of THC in the same amount of bong smoke as opposed to pipe smoke, but only because there's less other stuff, not because it's more efficient.

Sorry for the long post, just kinda started rambling, but hopefully there's some useful information in there somewhere!

3. I remember one time smoking out of a metal pipe and I felt higher but not in a good way, like more dazed and just not knowing wtf, you know? Maybe it's aluminum and it's letting off Fumes lol

4. :smoke: all good i didnt mean mine be long either yuor prolly right its in my head or im smoking more normallyi smoke out of glass bowls but sense recent smoking iv decided imma name it tricky ricky (ricks name of my firnd)