A pathetic story I tell you after I have consumed too much rum.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Postal Blowfish, Nov 5, 2009.

1. #1 Postal Blowfish, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
    i don't know where to go.

i forsook my friends. i could not obey their edict that i should never keep contact with one of their ex's. she was my friend, and she did nothing to me. there is no good reason to throw away a perfectly good person as her. i decided that no one can tell me to throw away a perfectly good person from my life.

she went on to get engaged to a nice dude, and i am happy for that. i never had designs on making her mine, it just seems like that you don't do that to a friend. but i refused to roll over and make her "the bitch" because she is a good person and breakups don't tell you the whole story.

this cost me most of my friends.

you probably can't tell me anything i don't already know. i have to make more friends. it's just not that easy for me. one of the friends i lost was someone i didn't feel could ever turn away from me.

people have told me i am wise beyond my years, and those friends i have now lost value of that. but now, here i am supposedly so "wise" finding myself starting over. and i have a hard time abdicating what i had and trying to rebuild it with people i've just met.

*sigh* yet i know that's my only option. my life as i knew it was erased as if it was written on a whiteboard. now, it is as if I have to reconstitute that I now feel on a new whiteboard.

i don't know what i'm looking for here. i'm depressed and i've lost most of my friends and i'm trying to rebuild. it's hard, it always was. i can still get laid, that's not very hard. but I feel empty. I feel like my entire life is now about starting over. It hurts more than I can describe, and I'm describing it more than a year later.

I betrayed friendship for principle. I overestimated the nobility of mankind. This idea that I should have left a girl that was my friend because another friend couldn't live with her. All he ever wanted was for me to like his girl. Well this is one I really did consider a friend. I still think it was wrong to insist that I just shit on her. It cost me most of my livelihood, but I took that stand.

Can someone make me feel better, please?

2. no one can make you feel better you drank all the rum - alcohol depresses you.

i mean it seems like maturity might be their problem, but without knowing the characters involved or the details, i'd say generally bros before hoes - plus you like her

3. For real. Obvious

4. everything will start turning around. u seem like a really smart guy.

try doing some activities around ur town to meet new people and forget about that girl man(if u do have feelings for her)

5. yeaa dude. no offense but bros before hoes. but dont worry, your life will turn around. you seem smart and your still young

6. #6 Postal Blowfish, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009

yeah, i don't. i thought i made that clear. :confused_2: she's a friend, and that's all i ever wanted from her. i just don't let any friends tell me who my friends are supposed to be, because that's straight up bullshit.

ill turn around, i know it. i was just drunk and i shouldn't have even posted. :rolleyes:

I don't believe in that kind of brainwashing. My friend was being a butthurt, passive-aggressive little bitch, and I had listened to him hate on just this sort of person for years. He was out of line telling me how to live my life. I told him to fix himself or make a decision, and he chose not to fix himself and just stop talking to me. I don't want a broken friend who can't even face his own problems.

This bros before hoes bullshit is probably what cost me the friends I met through him, even though I had done nothing to them.

I like her? Yeah, I made that clear. She's my friend. I'm happy with that.