A noob that is looking for advice...PLZ HELP!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Caliprince, Nov 17, 2009.

1. #1 Caliprince, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
    Hey,well i am have been posting of a different thread and taking up alot of space so now i am going to start my own so i can get as much help as i can.I am going to put up pics of everything i am using right now and i'm looking to get some tips from everyone who wants to post on this thread.

1) The Grow Spot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) The Lights

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3) The Soil

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4) Pest Spray,Spray bottle,and Adhesive Spray (for the Foil)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5) Watering

I am using a one gal milk bottle to mix in

[​IMG]

6) Timer

[​IMG]

7) My Babies ( only 1.1 week old 11/13/09 )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats all i have right now,so i am looking for tips to make what i have better and last longer so plz any inside you might have or ideas you think will help me out i would love to read them.I know i dont have a fan yet i am still looking for one or two but no luck yet with that so i gotta keep looking.

2. hey dude the main things id say are you need to have ur plants 1 to a pot, as planted together causes many problems such as their roots growing entangled & killing each other off, & that soil your using is bad as it has water holding crystals which aint good & the ferts in it could damage ur plants as they dont need nutes/ferts for the first few weeks

3. Yeah i was told that by jcj77d i am going to look into getting new soil soon and try and fix it asap.I was also waitiing until i got the right soil before i replanted my plants.

4. yea, i also forgot to mention that soil looks to have nothing for drainage/aeration such as perlite, but as u said ur getting new soil id make sure you got some perlite to mix in the new soil

5. What will perlite do? and What would be a good soil to go with? I need all the help i can get right now so feel free to give me what you know also to better my situation.

6. perlite will help with letting oxygen to the roots as well as helps keep the soil more lighter & fluffy, it also aids with soil drainage(perlite is a must!), MJ plants dont like their soil wet all the time, as for a good soil most people will tell you get fox farms soil which is great, but for starting seedlings off id say just find a nice cheap basic potting soil with nothing added to it

7. Perlite keeps your soil loose so your roots can get oxygen. It also helps drainage as mills69 pointed out...As for soil I like fox farms ocean forest.....Good luck!!!!!

8. Sorry mills your post wasn't there when I started writing.....

9. #9 Caliprince, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
    Ok well here are a few Miracle Gro Organic potting mix i can get....which would you go with?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WITH

[​IMG]

10. Also when i replant my plants should i get a rooting gel at all or is it going to be fine just washing the roots and repotting?

11. no you dont need a rooting gel thats for cloning,also i wouldnt wash the roots just remove any loose soil & place in new pot(but be carefull if re-potting them when so young), as for those soils i would not use any of them as they all have added ferts, you dont want anything that says it 'feeds for x months' or anything

12. Ugh,aight well if you can send me to a place/show me what i would be looking for that would be great. If not dont worry about it the only places i have around me is Osh,Do it center,Lowes,and Home Depot i have been looking at all thier websites looking and cant find anything.Also how soon should i do this?

13. google search were to buy fox farm soils and the were u live 1st link should be the foxfarm site with a list of places near u that u can get all u need

14. Yeah i looked all morning....i gotta get it online if i wanna get that stuff,but i am going to find someone that will work some how.

15. Ok i also have another problem....Does anyone know where i can get a good fan for the box i am using.I am having a really hard time getting ahold of one that is mini size.

16. im not in the US so i wouldnt really know where to say but if home depot etc sell a good cheap basic potting soil with nothing added(added perlite is fine) then that should do you good, thats what i tend to go for rather than the popular brands with all their time relese ferts, personally if your really stuck id got to your local garden center & ask them for a plain soil with no added ferts

17. Ahh...well yeah those are the places i am going to be looking at,but this morning no luck yet looking at a few other place i thought might have it,

18. Personally Love the Grow Box, its looking good, hope everything goes well with your sprout-lings :D

19. hey,thx bro...well things are looking really good right now i just but a few case fans(computer fans) yesterday so i have air running in and out. I gotta say things are looking up so far.

20. Also,right now for my lighting i am doing a 24/0 its been about 2 weeks from time of sprout and i am thinking about going for atleast two more weeks with 24/0 then go down to 18/6 for 3 weeks.Once that is all set in i will go 12/12 for 8 weeks does that sound about right?