A Nightmare On Elm Street series.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Drizzlehell, Oct 24, 2010.

1. I love every one of these movies. I have a box set on dvd and they get watched at least once a month. My favorite is the 3rd one, Dream Warriors. Of course, the 1st one was awesome. The 2nd had too many gay scenes or something. Dream Child was shitty, but I liked Freddy's Dead. Love the catchphrases and dark humor.

Who else likes this series? I remember them being so popular in the 80's.

2. its not my favorite of the horror/slasher genre but i have seen them all the first one was my fav personally :p what did you think of the new one thats out in theaters?

3. They became garbage after the third one, until New Nightmare came out. I love 1,3, and 7.

4. It was good i enjoyed it, could have been better though

5. love the character but not some of the movies. !, 3 even 4 i can do. same with 7. i love freddy vs jason, even though most people hated it. however, the remake wasnt that good in my view. Part of it is because englund just cant be beat. And even though haley is a very solid actor, i just missed englund the entire movie. and i didn't like how it was basically a shot-for-shot remake. I like my remakes to have a different approach and different scenes (like texas chainsaw massacre) also i didn't know or care about any of those actors and characters. The original nancy (don't remember the acress' name) but she was awesome. The new chick sucked balls imo

i'll still say the main reason is lack of englund...

6. I hated it. They shouldn't have out a new one out if Robert Englund wasn't on board to reprise the role of Freddy.

7. Totally agree with you man, it was not a very good movie. It wasnt bad but it certainly could have been better

8. Well, Nightmare On Elm Street is one best horror movies. A seminal slasher, nightmare on Elm Street be difficult to see. It was scary movie. It has only gained in reputation since its launch. Most of people like this movie and got better reviews.

9. They're probably my favorite series of horror movies up there with The Evil Dead. I love them all outside of the second one and New Nightmare is kinda boring in some spots... No horror villain ever really came as close to be as cool as Freddy was to me. You know, as cool as a child molesting killer can get. =P I have the box set on DVD. I watch them every now and then. Also, if you love Freddy, check out the documentary Never Sleep Again Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy (Video 2010) - IMDb It's a four hour doc that goes through all the Freddy flicks in detail with cast and crew. VERY awesome for fans. I loved every minute of it.

10. ^That documentary was amazing. Went in planning to watch maybe one or two movies worth of info, but got caught up in it and watched the whole thing.