A new way of voting?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 95373, Aug 29, 2008.

1. I can almost guarantee I'm not the first to come up with this, the idea is so simple and obvious it had to have been thought of before... and yet, for how much better I think it would work it still hasn't been put to use....

Why is it that we vote for president/vice president by party? It seems ridiculous that just ONE party can sweep a nation for 4 years... even with this long period of time that they are in power it seems as if the party before it partially dictates how well it's policies will play out so there is no point...

Why don't we vote on the ISSUES?! Can someone answer me this question? Why is it I have to choose between Obama and McCain and whatever lackeys they choose for running mates? Why can't I have both of them spell out their plans for everything for me and pick and choose the things I like and the things I don't like from each. It seems incredible stupid to me that we can't do this. Say I want more relaxed gun control laws, but I agree with Obama on health care and the education system... why do I have to choose which of my needs and wants is more important... basically forcing me to agree with policies I might not believe in just to get the ones that are neccessary(in my opinion) into office? I hate democratic big government, but love some of the ideas that the democrats have(I.E. new healthcare) so why must I have this broad vote for one party, which might not share all of my ideals?

Feel free to comment....

2. No one will ever agree with anyone completely. It would be an impossibly complex voting system, that would in the end with just as many people not getting exactly what they want.

In life you must learn to compromise.