A New Type Of Grow Light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by samberr74, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Coming soon to KickStarter will be our exciting new product  A Light designed to save energy and DRASTICALLY reduce the heat given off ........this light is designed to foil  a Flir thermal camera by not heating up the room the grow lights are in !,

We assert also that our light will reduce the need for airconditioning ( if you need one because of the heat produced by your current lighting system)

Our Light will operate at a cooler temperature than a regular household 60w light bulb.

spread the word, we need as many supporters as possible so we can be successful on KickStarter!

when we're ready to launch I will provide a link.

Stay tuned and message me with any questions.....this product is Pat Pend.

2. what kind of light nm rating? lumen out put? Kelvin rating u dropped what could be a huge bomb on growing but with no info except it doesn't produce a lot of heat

Sent from my LGL34C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. The LEDs we are currently testing has a Lumens rating of 8000-9000 lumens, the Kelvin is rated (  both LEDs) 6000-6500 and the other is 2800-3000 kelvin

I will get back to you on the NM (wave length)

4. A new type of light? Whats different about your LED light than the ones sold by hundreds of other companies?

5. Our lights run ALOT cooler than the others, ours doesn't create intense heat which require cooling fans, chillers, or A/C  ,resulting in lower electricity bills, and its designed to hid from FLIR cameras

With indoor growing you know as we all do that the lights create a lot of heat with require a lot of cooling, which means $$$$$$$

With the FLIR camera they detect "hot spots" which the police and or other agencies use to find growers, also the electrical bill is used to determine the address of a potential grower.

Our lights reduce the cooling requirement of conventional light systems and even run cooler than current LED lights.

6. As we have not scaled up production yet we would LOVE to hear your thoughts about the specs on the LEDs I.E. white blue red  violet etc.

Tell us what your preference is............

We are seriously considering the Pink LED chips

7. Is it like an Induction light...?

sent to you using my decoder ring

8. The only way I see to run LED lights cool without fans, is by implementing water cooling system. That, or you're running very low power diodes that only require heatsinks.

What will pink wavelengths do for cannabis plants?

9. Are they Cree LMH2?

10. #10 samberr74, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    They are not Cree

The pink gives off the red and blue color at the same time......for growing  and budding plants

We will offer choices of lights

Blue

Red

Blue/Red combo

or Pink (violet)

11. Maybe I'm misinformed, but LEDs already run cool or at least much cooler than HIDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Maybe its just me, but playing to people's paranoia about FLIR cameras is kinda jacked up. True they look for hot spots, however any properly vented HID light will create very little if any temperature signature. Furthermore, cops are looking for large set ups, not a 5 plant tent. Now if your really want to capatalize on the led bandwagon, why not create one with easy to replace bulbs? Replacing a whole led system ever 2-3 years seems like way to much of a waste for me to be interested when any led system worth its salt is $800+, and several being needed due to limited light coverage. Just my .2 cents

13. #13 jerry111165, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    Eh, not only that but it's also against the rules to promote/sell your products here in the GC Forums - that's why they sell advertising space.

It's called Spam.

Edit: I also can't even remember the last time I heard of anyone getting busted/caught because of a heat signature.

J

14. Instead of promoting ways to get around the legalities, why don't you guys campaign for medical or altogether legalization?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

We are looking into replaceable LEDS

16. #16 rain dancer, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    THIS

You wanna grab our attention, make them affordable. I can do three or four straight grows on a 15 dollar 600w hps bulb.

17. From my understanding, flir cameras cannot detect heat unless you are somehow routing the heat outside the house. I watched a video on youtube where this ex narcotics cop explained how flir worked and what it could and could not do. Seemed legit.