a new hobby...

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by fieryflora, Apr 8, 2010.

1. hello,
    some friends and i were vaporizing the other day with various vaporizers and it was pointed out the different designs and types of materials used to build the different ones we had...

so it dawned on us to run some comparisons and tests...

our first one was on a pine boxed, cherry varnished, non digital, el-cheapo vap bought off of ebay for 35.00 delivery included...(made in china)...with a standard whip...

functionally it worked great. but a friend who just soooo happened to have this little fume toxin air tester thingie, noted, that while not being able to determine what it was exactly, something was showing up as very bad when the device(vap) got hot(as in fumes coming off the inside box part of the vap itself, which would be being sucked into the whip when inhaling)...

he is in a position get to the bottom of it(if his boss will let him), if so we will try to let you know.

2. best of luck for your hobby [​IMG]

3. The "El cheapo" Vapor Brother's knock-off I saw, REEKED even after having been turned on "full tilt boogie" for over an hour. The hose also reeked and was made of a softer plastic than I have seen on other vapes. The hose was replaced. The look-alike was made more cheaply than my VB and I worried about the persistence of the odor. It did eventually fade.

My Vapor Brother's doesn't reek. The plastic smell disappeared after I let it heat, empty, for a while (a good standard practice with any new vape!). It has been heavily used for over 3 years. It has been dropped more than a few times and continues to work well. VBs are small, quiet, reasonably efficent and, I feel, a good buy.

Granny :wave:

4. the wooden one has had plenty of time to get over any residual contamination...what we are experiencing now, is more than that.

we also found another one that has problems...it is a hard teflon looking plastic device...big bulky thinigie...has NO name on it at all or place of origin...