A mistake?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PhantomGrow, Mar 8, 2015.

1. So I'm about to begin my first grow, and ofcourse.. I made some interesting purchases. Early on I decided to go CFL, thinking my grow space would be incredibly limited and that I didn't want to spend an insane amount of money on a setup that would be purely for personal smoking.. Now, about a week into purchasing supplies I can tell I should of gone the HPS route. Regardless, I'd like some suggestions as to what I should with the gear I've wasted quite a bit of money on. So specs!

Grow Box
    2'w x 3'L x 6'h - ridiculous amount of space, I'm aware. The walls are covered in highly reflectant white paint.

Lights Muti spectrum CFL : 8 x 2700k - 1660 lumens
                                                4 x 6500k - 1600 lumens
                                                4 x 5000k - 1600 lumens
    26080 Lumens in total, far from the optimal but all I have (All bulbs are socketed inside of reflectors).

Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil
    Fox Farms Nutrient Trio
    Ph UP and Down + test kit
    5 x 3gallon Smart pots
    Incrimental 3-6-8hour non digital timer.
    A bathroom Vent fan which has yet to be installed... and several small oscillating fans. (likely not enough, I'm aware)

Picture will be coming shortly, but before then I'd like some help deciding what the hell I should do.
    I have 3 feminized white widow seeds, 3 feminized northern light seeds, and some other miscalaneous seeds en-route. How many plants should I grow? Should I ditch the soil and go hydropoinic? Should I keep the CFLs and add an HPS aswell as a proper exhaust setup? Please help!

2. Considering your list shows 5 x 3 gal pots, I would recommend not going over 5 for your number of plants to grow at once. It sounds like you've got everything under control! :)

3. Make your box into a flower and veg chamber. Plant all six seeds and pick the best female of each type and keep it as your mother in the veg chamber and take clones to flower in the flower chamber.

4. #4 Ebcrew, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    sounds good so far. i use cfls also for my grows and you can get nice yields and big buds with it.

2015-03-01 13.01.32.jpg

that was a week ago, it looks incredible now