A lot of potential

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bnasty9976, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Ok, so here it is.....I've done a few small dwc and out door crops. But now I finally have the chance to "come out of the closet" and convert a guest room, I want to build my own hydro system and was thinking about a vertical PVC or PVC tree type my room is 15x12 and I have 2 1000w hps 2 400w mh and 1 t5 panel, just looking for advice.....is that adequate light? Are those systems high yielding? Dwc has always worked....but always a much smaller scale.

2. I have 2 rooms that size. I have 4 - 1000 watt lights in each room and utilize a top feed/ drain to res system. I use sloped ramps to return liquids to the res and feed with drip irrigation and pump in the res. The feed lines are 1/2" mains and 1/4" lines into the 3 gallon pots on the ramps. Each room has 4 ramps 11' long that drain into a res sitting at one end of them. The res's are 11" high, 24" deep and 11' long. I use rockwool as my grow medium. I place 5 pots on each ramp for a total of 20 plants. I clone and veg on an ebb and flow table in a third room and move them to the main rooms for about 2 more weeks of veg then turn to bud. My strain is ready 6 weeks later so with the rooms offset I harvest once a month and average 5 lbs per crop

This system is simple to setup and monitor and is almost fool proof. I had a DWC in one room initially and ended up with brown slime algae that almost destroyed a crop so I decided to get rid of it and setup both rooms the same. The DWC system produced similar crops but the algae thing turned me off it

3. I have a large number of baby's coming so I'm
    Trying to figure a way to fit em all in the room, like some 10 ft PVC tubing prolly 8 inch and spray feed from the caped end having the water run down slope to the res, I think I can put 30 in a 10 foot tube, and make 2 racks of 4 equalling about 300 spots.

4. 2 racks of 5....sorry