A Little White Lie

Discussion in 'General' started by StickyIkyMarley, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Ok so my dad went through my room a few days ago and found the bowl piece to my bong (If anyone knows how much and where to get one please tell me I am a little clueless) my papers a lighter and a bunch of trimmings and things went downhill from there.. My mom threw a phone at me today we were so mad at eachother (she would usually new raise a hand to me) because of how much she hates me smoking herb.. She understands I am a depressed person with a lot of pain without it but she would rather me drink/smoke then enjoy a wonderfull plant.

I would always tell her I am not going to lie to her and say that I am going to stop because I am a painfully honest person most of the time. But she has been having blood preasure problems and it is very serious even though they don't know what it is yet, for the first time in my life I have seen my mom vunlerable. I have spent my days praying that it is nothing fatal even though I am not a religious person.

I am thinking of lieng to my parents and telling them that I am done with herb for the time being, it goes against everything I am but me being open about it is hurting them to much, the days of relaxing and not worrying about hiding my stuff in someone more then behind my computer are over.

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep this on the raps? but if this is fatal I might have to put my pipe down for a while and try to keep her life stress free.

2. There is one thing you can do...

3. Maybe just sit them down and tell them it helps with your depression and enlighten them about the benefits and fewer risks there are with weed than most anti depressant medications or ssri's.

When they find out you lied about stopping, and they likely will considering you live there and your dad has already gone through your room, then you run into trust issues and its a slippery slope from there.

my 2c

4. Which is?

I have spent months trying that, that is not an option but thanks for the imput

5. Move.

6. I am a broke ass senior and I plan to go to college sometime next year... If I move away all of my hopes/dreams in life will be unachivable

7. You could quit until you go to college

8. I could, but I think a fellow toker could understand why that is hardly an option to me

9. Sounds all a bit overdramatic to me.

10. Are you serious? my mom is throwing things at me, my dad is threating to fuck me up and I am being treated like a junkie/criminal I think i've earned the right to bitch on here

11. how would you like this question answered? the two obvious answers have already been posted your just being difficult. however rsince your not gonna quit toking and you want to go to college get a job and save some money for that shit and toke the fuck up while you save.

as far as toking goes do it away from home at a friends house or in a park or go for a walk and smoke a jay there are ways man

12. If lying is really as much of a problem for you as you claim it is, why compromise your integrity? Quit until you leave for college, or are able to be out on your own.

13. Moving out is not an option for me unless I crave working at a 6$ an hour job and turning out like all of my toker friends..

14. Always.

15. Are you parents paying for your college?

Quitting isnt that outrageous of an option. Granted not the most glamorous of options, but sometimes the best.

While living with your parents, you need to respect their wishes, despite their rational. Its their house. They are just letting you live there.

If you really want to know, I quit. I havent smoked since May. Maybe a few tokes here and there but very rarely. I cant be constantly stoned for my job.

16. So the point of this thread is what? Did you just want somebody to tell you that lying is ok?

Every feasible solution to your situation has been given in this thread. You have shot them all down. It's quite obvious that the only solution which will work for you is to lie. Yet you claim you're not the type to lie.

Either you value your integrity over the herb, or you value the herb over your integrity. That's a decision only you can make...but don't make a thread asking for advice when every single piece of advice you get isn't good enough for you.

17. find a better hiding spot :bongin:

18. What are you talking about most of you never anwser the questions on here with a REAL anwser, anyways I needed to vent this week has been one bad thing after another
    Yea they are paying for my college, and thanks for the advice I think I might save herb for a social thing for the time being