A Little Nervous

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Trocious, Aug 2, 2006.

1. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous starting my first grow. My lights (400w MH/HPS) are supposed to come tomorrow, and my grow room is mostly set up. I have everything I need, nutes, ferts, a lock on my grow box. I'm going to get some odor control soon too. But i'm still a little paranoid I guess, even though no one knows that I'm actually growing. Has anyone else felt this way? Maybe i'm just crazy...

By the way, my growbox is made of pressed wood, it's painted white, and I made it myself :D. It's about 3 X 2 area and 5ish feet tall. It's nailed in a boxlike shape, but it doesn't have a top on it yet because I have to rig the lights up. This will work right? And the chance for fire is low? I hope... that's what I'm most nervous about.

2. i would be scared too but if no one knows about it no need to sweat it will be fine

3. hey man your fine just dont tell a single person not even your best friend until they are almost done nice you spent some extra money and bought a MH and HPS good choice my friend

4. Lol tell people AFTER its done... or even better still dont tell nobody at all, that way you know your second and third etc. etc. grows are safe..ish :)

5. In my years of growing I have seen many come and many go (Uaually to jail) The main mistake all of them have made was telling someone. If you value your freedom you will tell noone. It's nice for people to admire you because you have a green thumb and good shit, but they will get just as stoned off of "Stuff you bought for $300 an ounce" as they will if they know the truth. In one instant someone who you think would never turn on you (Mom, dad, sister, brother, friend, wife, or girlfriend) may be put in a position where they will turn you in for numbers of reasons. If you would like to become an old grower instead of one of the schmucks you read about in your local paper take my advise and never trust anyone, simply treat it as if it does NOT exist. PLEASE JOIN THE OLD GROWERS:cool:

6. Fucking AWESOME post. +rep :hello:

7. Its Good To Be Carefull When U Are Growing Plants!

8. Well said.
    Trocious, take his advice and everyone else's in this thread who said not to tell a sole. It is the best medicine you can take for a case of the paranoids. I have made the mistake of telling far to many people about prior grow's and really wish I had not. Now if anyone who knows I grew asks, I just say I stopped a while ago. I wish I was smart like you and read here on GC what to do and what not to do before I started growing :( Kudos to you for voicing your concerns; now you know.

9. Three seconds of bragging rights or three years in jail, hmmm....

Nuff said on keeping mum. True that the most common way of getting caught is your own mouth, but pay attention to other stealth issues as well. Keep odor under control. Grow where no one will stumble upon it (think about utility meter readers, HVAC and plumbing contractors, nosy neighbors, etc.) Don't let anyone see you engaging in suspicious activity (a light as bright as the sun shining out of your attic or basement or woodshed at midnight). Don't grow at your parents' house and, in my opinion, if you have roommates and such (you can keep your mouth shut all day but if they tell someone, and they will, you can get busted all the same).

Your other question is about your growbox, sounds like a good setup. You will need a top obviously. You also will want to caulk it up all the way around to lightproof it, nailed wood boards will leak light at the seams.

10. yea the primary thing is the silence unless you have accomplists, if you want to have accomplists, threaten them with stern yelling (worked for me) than finish by saying lets get growing