Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

a little hope and a personal victory

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by comrade, Sep 7, 2008.

1. I am a mmj user in central cali and have been for a couple years, now let me tell you guys about my Friday night. We're having a BBQ and my water heater catches fire we don't notice until smoke is rolling in the windows. We get most of the fire out and the fire dept. shows up caps of the gas and elec. then tears through the whole house when the fire was outside and reports my grow closet to the sheriff's, protocol, I know it to well.
    The sheriff's arrive and of course ask,"do know why we're here sir" I say " of course but if you checked out my garden you surely saw my doctors recommendation on the outside of the grow room door" they did not, after going back in the house and finding my paperwork which had been moved they said all right but you still have too many plants. I have 12 plants 1 ft. tall not flowering and after explaining this to the deputies(who were actually interested and understanding by this point) along with the fact I was allowed 12 immature or 6 mature plants. They ran my name for warrants told me i was all good wished me the best of luck with the fire and split.
    Thank god for mmj it's awesome to see new understanding in law enforcement and not have to be persecuted for my god given right smoke and cultivate cannabis.

2. +rep for taking the proper steps to ensure you are okay (and legal) in any situation. It's refreshing to hear that you had your recommendation outside your garden room.

Sorry to hear about the fire, and glad your crops are okay.

Also, I sent a PM.

3. In all primitive societies there are "rememberers", old folks who pass on the stories and facts of the tribe to the young. For you kids here, I am the "She Who Remembers" (a translation of a title that you would have trouble pronouncing- and anyway, it's cooler than "historian" lol ;) ). Here's some of what I remember.

I remember when I started using cannabis there wasn't even the CONCEPT of medical marijuana! The closest were a few obscure references to "folk medicine" uses hidden in dull anthropology books!

I remember 20 years in prison for a couple seeds and tiny bits of green.

I remember LIFE for a single joint.

I remember Tulia.

I remember friends busted after they had "cleaned" the house...and the cops "found" 2 bags of Mex brick weed...................when they were toking nothing but this fine home-grown from a friend in the mountains!

Thank you for giving me a good thing to remember! We have come a LONG way! :hello:

Now 65% to 85% of the people support medical use of cannabis. You know what changed things? Education! More people know that the government line on cannabis is just BS! Someone they knew was helped, or told them, or they read a study somewhere- they were educated!

How about educating your doctor or local politician? Print up a few pages of my list (link below) and send it (anonymously, perhaps) to them! Dare them to read the whole thing! (I look at my list as a test of sanity sometimes- anyone who can read all the titles and still be anti-MMJ, is truly insane! :eek: )

100,000,000 Americans have used cannabis- What would happen if we ALL did one "Activist act" each week........or even each month? Sent one "dense" doctor the list? Did a college report on MMJ? Or a letter to the editor? Wrote one stubborn politician about your strong support of a pro-cannabis bill? 100,000,000 is a LOT of votes! The sooner we all get busy, the sooner it will be legal.

Granny :wave:

4. thats a great story
    did the fire mess up anything too bad?

5. In all primitive societies there are "rememberers", old folks who pass on the stories and facts of the tribe to the young. For you kids here, I am the "She Who Remembers" (a translation of a title that you would have trouble pronouncing- and anyway, it's cooler than "historian" lol ;) ). Here's some of what I remember.

I remember when I started using cannabis there wasn't even the CONCEPT of medical marijuana! The closest were a few obscure references to "folk medicine" uses hidden in dull anthropology books!

I remember 20 years in prison for a couple seeds and tiny bits of green.

I remember LIFE for a single joint.

I remember Tulia.

I remember friends busted after they had "cleaned" the house...and the cops "found" 2 bags of Mex brick weed...................when they were toking nothing but this fine home-grown from a friend in the mountains!

Thank you for giving me a good thing to remember! We have come a LONG way! :hello:

Now 65% to 85% of the people support medical use of cannabis. You know what changed things? Education! More people know that the government line on cannabis is just BS! Someone they knew was helped, or told them, or they read a study somewhere- they were educated!

How about educating your doctor or local politician? Print up a few pages of my list (link below) and send it (anonymously, perhaps) to them! Dare them to read the whole thing! (I look at my list as a test of sanity sometimes- anyone who can read all the titles and still be anti-MMJ, is truly insane! :eek: )

100,000,000 Americans have used cannabis- What would happen if we ALL did one "Activist act" each week........or even each month? Sent one "dense" doctor the list? Did a college report on MMJ? Or a letter to the editor? Wrote one stubborn politician about your strong support of a pro-cannabis bill? 100,000,000 is a LOT of votes! The sooner we all get busy, the sooner it will be legal.

Granny :wave: