a little help if you could

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nero's, Jul 18, 2009.

1. #1 nero's, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
    Soil: nute-less soil, cheap outdoor/indoor mix
    started using what the wife had, MG Garden Soil, almost killed my first two plants. using solo cups with holes. need to get a ph meter to test soil.

Light: 420 Watt 5100k CFL & 120 Watt 5500k CFL
    light stays about 2-4inches away, main light on top, the second one on the sides. doing 24hr of light, full day.

Temp: 80ish, peek 90, with a rotating fan on plants, normally on setting 1, if gets hot ill place it on 2.

Watering: once every other day, ill water, wait 24hrs, and water again. using solo cups.

Ph: water is distilled at 7ph

Nutes: MG all purpose 24-8-16, 1/4 solution for indoors plants, with a cap full of superThrive in a gallon of distilled water, ph of 7. only gave them two doses with a watering day in between, so water, fert, water, and even then a day in between the water and fert to dry out a little. i did mix some coffee grounds and bloodmeal 60/40 mix and sprinkled some on plants 1 & 2.
    ---

question # 1.
    my number 4, born 06.26.09, used MG, but as soon as i saw what happen first two plants (Miracle grow soil almost killed them), i translated them right away, did not get any shock, nor nut burn from MG. plant 4 is a monster, i hope she is a she, lol...about 3inches tall, starting on her 3rd or 4th set of leaves, really bushy. the lower leaves started to turn yellow on the edges, looks like a lack of N, hats when i stated to feed them, the yellow is now going away, slowly thou.

should i worry or is she just healing?

question # 2
    my plants 1 & 2, born on 06.14.09, had a nasty encounter with MG soil, almost lost them. transplanted and flushed, month old and only about an inch, inch and a half tall. got them back to being green. started them on the nutes at the same time as my other plants (born 6.26) and i was dumb enough to sprinkled some coffee/bloodmeal on them and watered, the next day the tips turned brown, look burnt, is the an OD of nutes or heat? lights are about 2-4inches away from plants...

Attached Files:

• 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      637.1 KB
      Views:
    • 66.jpg
      66.jpg
      File size:
      548.3 KB
      Views:
    • 72.jpg