Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A Little Big Problem, need advice!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by chesiresmile, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Hi, everyone I am new here, I am a 23 year old female, I have been smoking heavily for about 8 years.

Unfortunately I have been going through to rough times with it lately.. let me start off, where it all started..

So, one night I was tripping L (defiantly not my first time doing so) and I had a really really bad trip. I really thought I was going to die, but resisted going to the hospital just because I knew how unlikely it was to die from.

My heart was beating crazy, slow and far between beats, than super fast quick beats, not a nice rhytmed order. I felt like I had to pee really bad, but sat on the toilet and it was clear I didn't have to go. I was freaking out the rest of the night, and the when morning arose I couldn't believe I was alive, and said to myself "I'll never do this again", thinking I was SOOO lucky I didn't die. just for facts, I did smoke a lil nug while I was trippin' out. Don't know if that's any correlation.

Anyway, I went for like a week or two with off and on chest pains, but nothing to bad, I figured my heart was sore after going through something like that since it is a muscle.

Than at night, I was smoking a bowl to myself in my bed and out of no where fast heart rate, sweaty palms, I even called my b.f. to tell him ya know I think something is wrong if I don't make it just know that I love you, blah blah blah

So it happens a few more times, and I call the Dr. I get refereed to a cardiologist, they ran a numerous heart tests, blood tests, I even wore a holter monitor for a month. Everything came out fine although I do have PAC'S and PVC'S. (premature atrial complexes & premature ventricul complexes) my doc says its failry common, he could give me a beta blocker to help with the symtoms but I declined.

This all takes about a years worth of time. I completely stop smoking thinking well now I just cant handle it after my bad trip.. so I feel like that this ONE trip ruined the one thing I loved to do on a regular basis..I dont know if thats really a valid statement, but its how I feel sometimes.

It's been like two years since this all started, I no longer see a cardiologist now I just deal with my heart problems, some days are better than others.

I have recently in the last 4 months tried smoking again because I miss it so much and I really want to be able to smoke, I find that I cannot take more than like 4 smallish hits, anymore than that my body doesn't like it.

I cant wake and bake, and I cant smoke on an empty stomach because I'll get too high. Everytime I smoke even the 4-ish hits my palms will get either really cold or sweaty, is this normal???

I cant even remember what normal is because I constantly over analyze everything that's happening to my body as im getting high..I miss being able to smoke, not only did I enjoy getting high, I also really enjoyed the "smoking" part if that makes sense, and now I can only take like 4 hits? not too fun.

Ok this is a super long post sorry but my main question is, has anybody been through something like this, or know somebody that has? should I just stop smoking? Any ideas on what can help? Is there anybody like me that can only take a few hits? Do you feel like I just have a severe anxeity disorder now? Any other input you may have on my situation is welcome.. thank you all

(I am seeing a physiatrist to deal with anxiety, but he doesn't help at all, I think time is helping more than anything, although I do get K-lons.. I don't take em often though, Im not much of a pharmy)

Also does anyone believe in HPPD? (hallucinogenic persistant perception disoder) because I still have floaters, flashes of light, spots, snowy vision, halos, and some other visual distrubances, and I suffer from sleep paralysis :mad:)

2. damn that really sucks. ive never heard of anything like that. it just crazy that 1 trip could fuck u up that bad

3. First off, HPPD is a real disorder, (a friend of mine has it pretty bad) and it sounds like you may have a mild case of it coupled with anxiety.

But I would have to ask what are you smoking out of? Because you may want to try a different method of administering THC into your body, as there are many.

Overall this sounds like textbook anxiety, try alprazolam, it worked wonders for me, but I wasn't in this serious of a situation, also I'm not a doctor so I can't say shit. :)

4. thanks for the replies so far, and just to answer I smoke out of bowls, I will sometimes take a few hits off a blunt or joint, I wont even attempt the bong :eek:

5. I am in NO WAY A DOCTOR SO TAKE THIS ADVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    You may want to try to get your docter to proscribe you some Diazepam. Maybe a low dose around 2.5mg. close to alprazolam like Pcreme said but a diffrent benzo.
    They are pretty addictive in expecialy in high doses. so be carful!

6. Try not to type in all italics please, just a little eyesore. Anyways, I do believe in this. Also, everyone has floaters, spots, and auras. These come from lack of sleep, staring at lights, and the way your brain analyzes shadows and movements and what it expects them to be. I have HPPD to, if you would ever like to talk about it some time I would really love to. I can go into the science, but way to high right now. I really hope you feel better. Also, try smoking some regs (not good weed) because they have less T.H.C in them, getting you less high.

I also get sweaty/cold hands.

7. My last trip I took something that I thought was lsd, It ended up being a research chemical, dob,doc, or do(x) or bromo dragonfly. Now you probably have never heard of these, but they are the only chems that could fit on blotter like lsd. I took i dont know how many tabs, I kinda blacked out that part of memory but I was tripping for over 24 hours, with after effects for 36-48 hours and perhaps a bit longer I had a headache like dayss..

Let me just say the first half of the first 12 hours was fun,not as good as lsd, but ok nonetheless. It was really bad after that, Id rather not even think about it, but let me just say your trip could have been worse. At least its over now.
    While I was still tripping I decided I was done with exxperiementing with psychedelic and heck drugs of any kind besides weed. To deal with the fact that I knew it wasnt going to wear off soon-anxiety, I started writing my theory on human existence. Anyway I just coped.

Now the after effects of that caused me to, when smokin weed, have much unneeded anxiety similar to what you describe. I just didnt smoke much, stopped the giant sesh's with friends, realize its not a drug to be abused like I used to. (only took smallish hits)

But now with time I can smoke a nice bowl and feel nice an happy with no anxiety. If i smoke too much I will still get anxiety so I'm careful about it. So my advice to you is to wait some time. I never had the amount of heart stuff you did, but Im thinking ALOT of it is probably mental. Dont trust yourself to listen to your heart while still tripping. The doc said your problems are normal, dont worry and be happy your alive. Im sorry I wrote so much but I can relate!