A little advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jh0ppe, Jan 8, 2013.

1. #1 jh0ppe, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    I am about to start a grow in about a week, I just want to have everything planned out ahead and have all the supplies. I just have a little concern before I start. I live in an apartment that you have to walk down an indoor hall before you get to your room. My question is would they be able to smell the plant. Here's how my apartment's laid out...u get inside walk about 20 feet go up a set of stairs and get to my room. Then walk another 10 feet or so and you will get to the closet in which I want to grow in. Now I do not have any air filters, but I am wondering if the smell would be strong enough to seep through practically 3 doors (front door where I can not imagine air could not get out of easily, and 2 regular house doors. Idk if it matters much but I always keep those 3 doors closed. I am only growing 4 plants and the strain is Train Wreck. Any advice? I prefer not to open my window and have the smell go out the window as that could cause more attraction but I am not so sure what I should do.

2. You could try an Ona Block. I'm not sure exact spelling or name, but I have heard good things. I don't know if you have grow shops where you live, but you can order them online.

3. I would research strains which have a light smell. Out of all the strains I've grown chocolate chunk had the least amount of residual smell. An ozone generator will cost $100. It can be hazardous to your health in high amounts so be careful. Try an ionizer with a HEPA filter. Also, a can filter will only filter what is going out, there will still be residual smell. Never grown trainwreck but have seen it in action and IMHO will be tough in a closet setup. I would go with short fast flowering plants. Maybe even an autoflower.

4. #4 jh0ppe, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    Thanks for some of the help, but one of the questions I stated before is....will the smell seep out from 30feet, a set of stairs and 3 doors in the way. I really have no idea if the smell will go through the wall on over to the neighbor. I smoke weed all the time in the apartment but in a year I have not had any complaints.

5. This guy answered your question as best it could be answered.. Sure it's going to smell but whether or not it reaches through 3 doors and goes down the corridor is going to come down to how you control it..