Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A letter to the president

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by FunkeeNuggz514, Mar 30, 2009.

1. #1 FunkeeNuggz514, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    Hey guys, I am sitting here pretty bored and thought I would write a letter to our president. Well, I would like to see what you guys think before I send it, and hopefully get other people to do the same. Here is mine and you can do a quick copy and paste and edit it to make it sound like your own. We must do this to be heard.

We gotta start somewhere, so let's do this everyone!!

2. First off, I would break it up into paragraphs so it is easier to read. I, myself, almost didnt take the time to read it cause it's one big blur of words...lol

In the beginning of the letter, it's almost like your kissin his ass by saying this...

"I would like to start off by saying you are an inspiration to many young lives in America, and having someone like you to look up to is great because young Americans of all races don't have many positive role models. I have understood your decisions, and I back them 100% for the fact you are the commander in chief and you picked the Nation's top and respected officials in their fields"

I would leave that part out..just stick to the point of legalization

Other than that, it is good that you are taking the time to do this...we all need to step up and keep fighting for our rights...I'll say it again...power in numbers...there's lots of people who are out there and believe in our cause but for fear of repercussins, dont step up. If more of us step up, maybe more will come out and back us...

3. I was actually going to do the paragraph thing when i sent it. i can't just push the tab button to do it. I tried breaking it down and putting the 8 spaces at each paragraph but apparently it isn't showing up in my quote. but i know what you mean. I did break it down to show the paragraphs.

4. I hear ya. It only took maybe 5 minutes to type it up. Not too hard really. Now people can hopefully copy n paste. Obama isn't going to do anything to people to for speaking up. He is hearing us, just not listening, but only for his political career. I believe many government officials really want to legalize but are afraid what it would do to their career. Well, maybe people will start stepping up. And OTHER influential political officials from our neighboring countries.

5. I know this isn't English class, but proper grammar and punctuation go a long way in letters like these being taken seriously.

6. $100 says he will never read it...

Do you realize he gets probably 200 letters every hour from little kids around the US, each and every one of their letters having little or no value. Letters like "heyo mr presidint, your doing a very good job."

You should see the mail processing for the White House... They have like thousands of packages coming in daily, and they scan each and every one of them. The president himself will never read the letters, but usually lower down government officials will read the peoples opinion, and if an issue gets big, they will alert the president.

7. type "read this or jihad will commence" on the envelope. it'll get read right quick.

8. Just put some baby or talc powder in the envolope and it will get much attention.

9. Hahahhaa.

Yea, slip some of that in there, 12 hours later an FBI van will smash through your garage and raid your house, lol.

10. well now i can copy n paste it and send one every hour with different name and zip

11. It's as effective as sending a letter to Santa.

12. lmaoo

13. seriosuly, i would do it. maybe change a few words up every other letter

14. Think you can outsmart the white house? Ha.

They have spam blockers, they will only take so many emails per day from a certain IP address. If your doing it by letter, then your wasting your time.

And honestly, if they ever look at your letter, theyd probably laugh. Its obviously just a stoner trying to make a last stand, you dont even have proper grammar in the letter, or even a proper page layout for a formal letter, do you honestly expect them to take you seriously?

Be professional, and they might just value your opinion.

15. Needs editing

16. do not mention your addiction to oxy.

17. i doubt it will get read. but good luck anyways. also send some copies to your state congressmen and senators. i would email tom harkin a lot. i also got responses every time.. now if it was actually him responding i dont know. but still worth a shot i.m.o..

18. Have you ever been to the white house page and tried writing something. i fucking doubt it!!! if you had been there then you would realize that you are limited to the editing you can do. atleast i am motivated enough to get off my ass and do something you jackass!!! u probably dropped out of hs!!! lol