A hard decision

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Gaffa, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Hi there, only my second post but we were all new members once; please bear with me...

Basically, I've decided to replace my "already okay" grinder. Now I've done my research, and basically concluded from various sources that the Mendo Mulcher and Space Case grinders are the best.

However > here's the thing.

First Q - there's two Space Case grinders, regular 4 part sifter in silver aluminium and the same but in titanium with a higher price tag. If you were to choose, and the £10 difference did effect your choice, what would you choose between these two, and why?

Second Q - the Mendo Mulcher grinder is very hard to get in the UK and must be shipped from the US. But when I made an enquiry about a 2.25" 4 part model (the 3" is too big) I was told "The grinder has 24 teeth on the top and 16 teeth on the bottom. "
    This doesn't seem to be many for that size (2.25") considering other grinders.

It is cheaper though...

I've also been looking at Mix n Ball grinders and Kannastor grinders.

Yes, I have read that the Space Case's are the best. But then I've read reports about people saying the grind quality is actually not that much improved over other grinders...

Just need some advice. Remember, I live in the UK, so if possible please only post info about grinders I can get in the UK. I've been looking at the Easyleaf Duo and Kannastor series, any opinions?

This is mine at the mo:- a cheapo one from Ebay; £8 or so. Still, no metal shards etc.

[​IMG]

2. I have a 2-piece Spacecase (aluminum) and I love it. I wish I would have bought the Ti one because it looks cooler but functionally it probably makes no difference. The teeth on a Spacecase come so sharp its an absolute beauty to grind with. I have never seen a Mendo but you won't be disappointed with a Spacecase if thats what you choose.

3. Titanium space case four piece is the best grinder in the world.

4. I see flaking from the grinder

5. I'll take thast grinder if you get a new one

6. I don't, sorry mate - it's probably just the flash. Recently it's had quite a lot of blonde kief build up at the bottom.

I'll probably keep it as an emergency backup to be honest. Furthermore re: PM - I actually took the mesh screen out of this as that part of this grinder wasn't particularly good. Sticky herb could get stuck between the lower layer of the middle section and the actual mesh screen. Sorry.

There's a site in the UK - grasscity - that sells both the Space Case and MFLB - you think I should buy both? (I've heard finely ground herb is needed for the MFLB - is the SC the perfect grinder for this?)

Cheers.

7. Look at the grinders themselves, the top is being slowly grinded off

8. Thanks matey.

I've placed an order for both the Space Case 4 part sifter (around £50) - not the titanium one as well as a MFLB. That should be a good combo, no? Hehe.

9. Quality pickup

10. I have a 4 piece aluminum space case, and it is amazing. I've had it for over a year with no problems. I have a buddy that has had one for over 8 years and it still works perfectly.

11. get the grinder with the
    diamond shape spikes, dont bend
    no flaking
    perfect grind

i found a good cheapone, with 2 screens
    multi sections
    good screen to, strong

12. Good choice with the aluminium space case, looks quality. I was looking around online a couple of weeks ago and was thinking of it, ended up getting a spyral aluminium one tho from a headshop, was a deal at £10 compared with £30/40 online!!

Did u get the MFLB from the same UK site, I've been thinking of one but not really looked about online much yet?

13. I did indeed buy it from the same site, "EDIT. "

On this site, that grinder is the cheapest I've found in the UK at £50 (bought a 63mm medium) with the MFLB at £80. My total order incl SD was almost £140.

But you only live once, eh?

To be fair, I'm not even THAT much of a regular smoker... Normally I have a routine going (don't ask me how I came up with this) whereby I smoke 2+ but usually 3 or 4 (to myself) on a Monday, the same amount on a wednesday and the same amount on a Sunday. So that was pretty much almost 2 per day on average per week.

I bought the MFLB because I had noticed it was saving people money. I've seen people say that they need .15 to .3 (I assume gram?) to get them caned, and at my estimations, a Henry (1/8 = £20) is 3.5grams or so. At those sort of statistics, I could save quite a bit, but maybe I've got it all wrong. I also bought it because I wanted to try a new way of "taking it".

I've got a friend in uni who bought a Volcano vape, I think he got a good deal at £240 or so, and buying one of them for myself would have been a little bit impractical considering I wanted portability and the ability to stealthily use it in my house.

14. Second that! It's uses are endless! :)