A handful of questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chemage, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Quick overview of my grow plan: I plan to start in flowering stage from seed to finish. 96 watts. I am buying the largest flat white bucket I can find. I am using 8" pots from start to finish. I am going to cut a fan whole in the side of the large flat white bucket for the in-air fan and I will place a fan on top of the bucket for an out-air fan.

Question 1: What is the height of a painter bucket? or the biggest bucket you can get at homedepot, etc?

Question 2: Is 8" pots big enough to grow my plant start to finish? (understanding I'm starting my grow in flowering spectrum-12/12 setup)

Question 3: How much water should I use per watering with 8" pots?

Question 4: What is the best type of Fox Farm dirt to use? (understanding I'm starting my grow in flowering spectrum-12/12 setup)

Question 5: Using Fox Farm, would I need any additional nutes? (understanding I'm starting my grow in flowering spectrum-12/12 setup)

Question 6: I don't think they are called Y-adapters, but what are the adapters called for compact flouro's?

Question 7: Can cigarette smoke being filtered in and out of the bucket harm my plants? (quite a bit of cigarette smoke, 3 heads)

Thank you in advance for all the help, I'm sure I'll have more questions in the near future.

Keep Shhmokin'

2. Can anyone help me with any of the questions? Sorry for bumping but I'm anxious to start. :smoke:

3. let me make sure I understand...you're going to use 5 gal. bucket(s) as the box in which you're gonna grow?

That is effing brilliant! I'm using rubbermaid tubs for a growbox, but two buckets stacked on top of each other would be a great 1 plant grow chamber. As for your questions...

Size of buckets: Don't know, but you can always measure 'em at the depot.
    8 in. pots: Yes, probably big enough for a full grow. (I use 10" pots)
    Water when the top inch or two of soil is dry and leaves JUST begin to droop. Then add water slowly until it runs out of the bottom of the pot.
    Dirt is dirt (IMO)
    Ciggi smoke is bad for all living things, m'kay?

4. you could probably find larger buckets as usplastics.com

5. OldSkool1010, that is indeed my plan.

I'll be checking out that website, just need to make sure the rim stays the same size as a paint bucket or it will be hard to get the out-air fan to stay in place.

Thanks for all the help so far.

I'm looking for all the opinions I can get on these questions! More help would be appreciated. Thanks a ton GC.

Question 8: How much more reflective is mylar then flat white? If I can, would you recommend me getting mylar and lining the inside of the bucket? Does mylar increase temperature?