Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A half eighth is 1.75 people

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Smokey55109, Mar 12, 2012.

1. [quote name='"chopped suey"']

What city in mn?[/quote]

^this. I'm in an mn burb, and a dime here is 10$ and a dub is 20$. I haven't heard of that referring to a half eighth, eighth. Where in mn do they do that, that's weird to me.

2. 1 Gram = 1 Gram

Dime Bag = Whatever your dealer gives you for $10 (YMMV)

Half Eigth = 1.75 Grams

Dub = Whatever your dealer gives you for $20 (YMMV)

2 Grams = 2 Grams

Eigth = 3.5 Grams

Quarter = 7 Grams

Half Ounce = 14 Grams

etc...

Personally I would never ask a new dealer for a Dime Bag or a Dub, just cause I would have no clue exactly how much I'm getting. I'd ask "How many Grams would I get for $10/$20". Where I'm at a Dime ranges from half gram to full gram and a Dub from a Gram to 2 Grams.

3. I'm in the northern burbs of Minneapolis around Coon Rapids. I've had at least 5 different dealers, and it's the same for all of them.

It's had me confused since my smoking career began. I'd like to know how the fuck it got started. :confused:

4. We buy half tracks which is 1.7 in Florida

5. A dime in the us weighs 2.268g and canada 1.75g but in the UK we don't use that word. I believe canada

6. I do, all the time. I don't always have $50 to spend on weed

A half-eighth lasts me like 4 or 5 days

7. Ive never heard anyone ever say half eighth, why not just get 2gs lol

8. 20 for a gram; 30 for 1.7; or 40 for 2 grams, tell me what you prefer.

9. I'd say just because a half-eighth is usually exactly half of $50. If you bought 2 grams it would be somewhere between $30 and $40, its just not conventional

10. Can I get half an ounce? Yeahhh its called a half

11. I buy half eighths because it's a far better deal than 2 g's. 2g's = 40 and a half eighth = 25 or 30 if i'm buying from someone new. 1.75g's for 25> 2gs for 40

12. They can price break the 1/8th and not the half eighth, around here at the few dispensaries I've seen ever do half 1/8ths the 1/8th would be say 50 then the half 1/8th would be like 22$, so you are getting a small discount from going up from a gram if it's an 18$ gram, but a bigger one for the 1/8th. That's why everywhere just does 1/8ths, I don't know why you wouldn't just get the 1/8th for it's price break unless you just couldn't afford that :smoke:

13. Here in Minnesota we don't have those fancy dispensaries.

Prices in my area go like this-
    $20 - 1-1.2 (known as a 20 sack) a lot of guys won't sell these.
    $30 - 1.75 (known as a dime for some reason) 1/2 of an 8th aka a 16th.
    $60 - 3.5 (known as a dub for some reason) an 8th
    $100-$120 - 7 (known as a quarter)
    $190-$220 - 14 (known as a half)
    $360-$400 - 28 (known as an ounce)

Nobody ever buys two grams, five grams, etc... You either pick from the menu or go fuck yourself. :laughing:

14. I'd slap anyone who said "half eigth". It's a 1/16th of an oz.

15. Yeah that seems like something a dispensary would do..That why I prefer certain dealers who would rather just make it quick then make an extra $2 lol
    And yeah, again I only buy half- eighths when I'm low on money, which is often as of late

16. This name needs to start bein used

17. No one here will sell less than an 8th.

18. [quote name='"lemonade AK47"']20 for a gram; 30 for 1.7; or 40 for 2 grams, tell me what you prefer.[/quote]

None of those, those are horrible prices

19. You do realize prices vary drastically across the globe, yes? For all you know those are amazing prices in his or her area. :rolleyes:

20. [quote name='"Olesmoky"']You do realize prices vary drastically across the globe, yes? For all you know those are amazing prices in his or her area. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Well not only that, but how can a 1.7 be $30 and 2gs be $40? If your dealer is really charging you $10 for an extra .3, I would find a new one